1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

largest cab

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by wade, Nov 26, 2007.

1. wade

wade New Member

Hey guys someone porbably already asked this but which truck has the largest cab? Is it the 99and newer mitsubishi, suzuki, or dihatsu jumbo?I would check them out but there are none in my area. I live in florida near georgia and alabama state lines thanks.

2. dealer in tallahassee, florida

wade

we are a dealer in Tallahassee. We have 21 trucks coming in before the new year. We do have a Subaru in stock and it is the largest (in cab) we have now. We have 2 jumbos with the 21 coming. You are more than welcome to stop buy anytime.

we are located at 1789 capital circle SE
    (850)576-7000
    if you are interested

cya
    Torrey

3. wade

wade New Member

Thank's for the info Torrey may come by and check it out now that I know where you are what model are the jumbo's you have coming?

4. Makes

Wade

They are Daihatsu Hi Jet Jumbos

cya

5. wade

wade New Member

year model

Torry what I ment to say was what year model are these dihatsu jumbos? thank's again.

Bobacuda likes this.
  6. Year

they are 1993

7. frostback

frostback Member

The Jumbo cab was available from 1990-1993 I believe. We have a 1991 Hijet Jumbo shipping in the next couple of weeks. We also have a couple of other cool Hijet configurations for sale on our website.

Derek www.bonsaimotors.ca

8. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

Actually, Daihatsu still makes a Jumbo. I'm not sure what year it was first out, but I picked up some literature for the 2007 Hijet from a Daihatsu dealer in Japan earlier this fall, and the Jumbo is one of the models you can choose from. Perhaps the early 90s Jumbos are what most people have imported??

-Hiram

9. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

The Diahatsu Jumbo is the largest cab. Newer model standard cabs are bigger than the older ones, but not as big as the Jumbo.

10. frostback

frostback Member

I'm always only searching for 15 year old trucks I can import into Canada so I forget they continue to exist beyond the scope of my searches.:p

I got a really nice Jumbo on the way to Canada soon if anyone is interested.

http://www.bonsaimotors.ca/index.php?id=2400

11. wade

wade New Member

Thanks guys that helps with my decision on what to look for as I need the extra room. I am 6'2 200 plus but I managed to get in a early 90's model dihatsu regular cab man it was tight knees in the dash if anyone about my size has the new model 99 and up dihatsu jumbo,mitsubishi or suzuki let me know how well you fit in the truck thank's again.

12. iDiggs9

iDiggs9 New Member

price ?

What are the details on the Jumbos you have in stock ? Milage ? Condition ? Price ? Shipping ? I am looking for a Jumbo , and prepared to buy today.
    Thanks

13. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

I have a 93 and 92 Jumbo. Call 816-632-3174

14. glasseye

glasseye New Member

Does a Jumbo have a proportionally shorter bed? In other words, is the overall vehicle length the same with jumbo or regular?

15. frostback

frostback Member

I'm not 100% sure but I believe they have the same length bed, just added cab length.

16. glasseye

glasseye New Member

That would make them much nicer for us six-footers. The reason I asked is that a longer overall vehicle might violate the Kei rules.

17. BLES

BLES Member

I'm certainly no expert here, but it looks to me, from looking at a lot of pictures that the extra length of the jumbo cab is subtracted from the bed length. Overall length appears to be the same to me. Check out online photos you come across and see if you agree. Hope this helps.
    BLES

18. frostback

frostback Member

I think you are right, after looking at more pictures I would say it looks as if you do lose some of the tray length. As you say they are restricted in overall length so it has to come from somewhere. Still looks like a good size tray though.

19. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

You're correct. The Jumbo cab is extended over the flatbed. While the truck length remains the same, the flatbed is that much shorter.

20. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

You're right too! The flatbed is still more than enough to do stuff with. We have one for our yard (just 2WD) and if we haul stuff (like pipes or wood), we just use the headache rack for support. We've never felt incumbered by the shorter bed, especially when we can keep more stuff in the cabin.