1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just missed out on one . . .

Discussion in 'Autozam' started by KeiEye, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Kei King

Kei King Member

We sell parts to OUR customers only.

If you didn't buy from us, I can't sell to you. I have to make sure there is enough parts in stock so I can provide my customers with exceptional after sales service.

2. DannyM

DannyM Member

Kei King, here in the good ole USA we have the Japanese tractors called Kubota. There are Kubota dealers all over, and most all of them will not sell parts for the " grey market " kubotas either Kubota tells them not to). But there are some dealers who will, by having their parts department as a separate shop, these dealers are literally swamped with business. Our local Kubota dealer would not sell me a clutch and pressure plate for my tractor (grey market), and gave me a real hard time about it. Because of that when I did find a dealer who would, just across the state line in Alabama, when I needed a new mower for my lawn company, I went to Ala and bought it. Got good service, a great price, and by word of mouth ( that traveled extremely fast) our local dealer has lost tons of business and money to the Alabama store. So, if your satisfied with your limited business, fine. But, unless your independently wealthy, you might want to reconsider. I refuse to do my business like you do, or business with people like you. I go out of my way to support the companys that support me ( a customer). Danny

3. Kei King

Kei King Member

In the long run, the Kubota brand name has been severely damaged by this practice. Short term gain but long term pain. A dealership has a parts department to support it's customers, not to help out a chinese competitor undercut them by 50%. They are basically digging their own grave... well the brand isn't, the rouge dealers are that go against the company policy.

4. Ketzer

Ketzer Member

Jeezus, you "nucks are a tough bunch. :pop:

So that I'm clear, did this King guy sell anybody some bad stuff? Rip anybody off on their truck? You guys show a ton of animosity for a place that you didn't even do business with?

Eye, I get what you think you're doing. But when somebody Googles and reads this, he pretty much stayed professional and civil and you come off looking kinda like uumm, well... you really helped his rep more than hurt.

I guess I must be missing something being a hick "neck from the states.:confused:

The one thing I did learn, Z is bogarting all the good weed! Talk about somebody bein' a douche!:sly:

Jeff-

5. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

Mmmmm, when I read this it reminds me of the Betamax days when they wouldn’t license out cos Sony wanted all the market, Ahh …Betamax those short, short days and lets not for get Mac v PC in the early day, what a product but they wouldn’t license out as Mac wanted all the market….look how many people have PC’s today and those Die hard few called Mackys. Anyway getting off track but don’t 4get Pride is a dangerous thing and being Stubborn is a kin to committing Suicide
    :eek:
    I say “Adapt or Die”

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Is this thread done now? :sly:

7. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Acer- dont lock the thread just yet--- it has been the most interesting one I have read all month!:pop:

8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Lol. Mmmmmmokay.

9. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i lol'ed about this thread. if some guy came to me looking for a part i had, i dont know why i wouldnt sell it to him, i dont care what he does with it! could be a redneck fireplace trophy for all i care :p