1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got my first 99 hijet S200p

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KrzyKjun, Apr 28, 2017.

1. KrzyKjun

KrzyKjun New Member

IMG_0086.JPG Just picked up a 99 Hijet. Its freaking awesome. Painted the steelies black but today I slapped some 14s on it. IMG_0321.JPG
    Looking forward to learning some things on the forum. New sunshades and a light bar across the top are next.

2. What are those wheels and tires did they require a lift kit. They look great.

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Looks like you're in Japan. Where about?

4. KrzyKjun

KrzyKjun New Member

They are Innovators on Yokohama Practivias. 14x4.5 inch rim. No lift they bolted right on. He said I was lucky they had the 4.5 inch wide in stock because all they typically have in that rim was 5.5, which would rub when turning. IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0317.JPG

5. KrzyKjun

KrzyKjun New Member

Thank you, Im in Okinawa. As soon as I got here the hijet hunt was on.

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Cool! My wife and I lived in Okinawa...it will be 35 years ago this summer. She was a DODDS teacher and I was her "dependent husband". From what I can tell, it has changed quite a bit. Looking forward to many more pics of Kei trucks "in situ". :)

KrzyKjun likes this.
  7. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I would expect that it has changed quite a bit over the years. I have many fond memories of Okinawa as I was stationed there 3 different times when I was in the Marine Corps back in the 50s & 60s. Came very close to marrying a gal from there.

Fred

KrzyKjun likes this.
  8. KrzyKjun

KrzyKjun New Member

Its crazy packed around the bases now. So much to do and so little space to do it in. Yea Im excited about this truck. You get into the dense areas and tiny curvy streets and its really fun to drive. Haha. Not to mention I always yell at the Sports car guys (Skylines, Silvas, etc) asking if they are ready to get put to shame at the light.

9. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

The maneuverability of these little skateboards is one of the best things I like about them, and the size lets you park where others can't. That is a couple big pluses here in the Philippines too.

Fred

10. KrzyKjun

KrzyKjun New Member

Just added a tool box for storage, gym bag. Etc... IMG_0421.JPG

11. KrzyKjun

KrzyKjun New Member

Also tinted the back window.