1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a U15T-3G81 Need Carb Parts?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by MAXOUT, Oct 11, 2008.

1. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

Hello, this is my first post. I received a 1988 U15T-3G81 and am trying to get it running. I have no info other than what I have found here. I removed the carb as the engine fired but was not getting much fuel. Found several passages in the carb clogged. Cleaned the carb and reinstalled. Started on first crank but fuel leaking from vapor seperator section and need gaskets??? Anyone know where I can get them ??? Please help.:)

2. Dan

Dan Member

if it is the same mikuni that i have on mine, i have a few of the gasket sets for the main body of the carb. I'm away from home for the weekend and will follow up monday night to let you know for sure.

3. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

It is a Mikuni. Thanks Let me know if you can help.

4. slimbad

slimbad Member

MAXOUT, Welcome to the forum. I also have a U15T (94 LHD 4WD Dump). Glad you got one, sorry to hear about your carb. If you can - wait for Dan to get back to you. He prob has the gasket kit you need - if not we can find one for you. Dan has a couple of U15T's and is prob the most knowledgeable person in dealing with the 3G81's. Dan and I both have Mits service manuals for the LHD Mits' with the 3G81 engines. If you need some info or page scans let us know. Also is yours a U.S. spec or a JDM (RHD)?.......later, slim

Attached Files:

5. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

Thanks...Allot. I got it figured out and running good! Missing a little O ring. I would love to get a copy of that manual. Even PDF like these "NICE".

I will probably still get the seals and re-do it right. I made one of the seals from sheet cork. Working well (So Far). I found a LHD used 94 2WD down the street today for 2K. Considering buying it for parts. I have a broken windshield and allot of little stuff that will add up I’m sure. Thinking about taking two to make one good one. Looks like very few differences in the years?? Looks like a 3G81 in the 94?? Must be a US thing? Came from Military (Navy) Friend of mine won the one I have at an auction for $1.00 and his truck broke down towing it home. I picked up the trailer and he gave me the truck. I have $30.00 in parts in it (and a full tank of gas) it runs good and the driveline is semi solid. Changed the oil and ready to start tweaking the body. I am really glad I found this forum as I will be a while getting mine straight and need allot of parts.

Here are a couple pictures of mine (rough around the edges but not for long)

Attached Files:

6. Dan

Dan Member

looks like its in pretty good shape. shouldn't take much to bring it up to par. I think i have some of the peices you're missing in the garage, let me know if i can help. I started posting the links to the manual in the reference section of the mitsubishi thread.

I think i see another case of "mini-fever" starting... I think "IBKG" started with the same thought...A parts truck...hmmmm. now he has a whole collection of them (parts trucks) and i think they are all coming back to life... Its all good...they are ridiculous fun and relatively easy to work on. here's a shot of mine out in the desert romping around. A little rough around the edges but, still great fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=locWAUEcxOQ

Dan

7. swampmitsi

swampmitsi New Member

Nice looking mini! Wait till i get some pics of mine on here and you'll feel alot better about yours.

8. ibkg

ibkg Member

MAXOUT Good looking truck you got there I started out with one and before I knew it now I have three Mini Fever is hard to get over all my trucks came out of the Goverment Grave yard and thanks to Dan I have two of them running like new. KG

9. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

Thanks for the encouragement; I am excited about getting her fixed up. I was running it in the low 4WD last night going through the woods with my son and we had allot of fun. Can't wait to get her in better working condition. There is no heater in it? Looks like it was removed all the wiring and controls are there but no heater? I would like to have that for the window defroster and winter cold. I will post ideas and pictures as I fix her up.

10. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Member

Are yours LHD? post some pictures I would like to see them. I feel I will soon have another one.

11. ibkg

ibkg Member

Yep all mine are LHD and they are 2wd two of them are U14T's and my latest one is a U14D I love that dump I have some pictures posted in the photo gallery

12. AGrayson84

AGrayson84 New Member

Does anyone know the Mikuni part number for the U15T carb, and/or where to find any replacement parts (perhaps a rebuild kit??)???? I know this thread is 8 years old but hoping someone sees this post and can help. Thanks! :)