1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introductions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jeff Brown, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown New Member

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am a new owner of a 97 Mitsubishi Minicab, just looking for conversation to educate myself on parts, and identifying what I have. I have a 3 cylinder, automatic 4wd, motor smokes, probably needs to be overhauled. I’m assuming the engine comes out from the bottom?

2. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jeff, Welcome to the world of mini trucks. We have 2 mitz u42t's on the farm. The do tend to smoke a bit as they get older but valves seals may be the fix. Certainly check the cylinder pressures. you will find loads on info about your truck here along withe a group of knowledgeable people to assist you with your questions.

Steven

3. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown New Member

Thanks Steven, I appreciate the help. I was going to check valve seals first as it had sat for 8 years prior to being started again. Is there an English manual as far as engine overhaul or anything maintenance wise that’s available? The engine ID is all in Japanese.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I recommend buying a cylinder bleed down tester. they are a big help in trouble shooting. A compression tester lets you know if the cylinders have equal compression.

A bleed down, or lead down tester, injects air, and lets you determine where it is escaping from the cylinder.

If you run the vehicle along at the top speed of a gear, and then let off the throttle and see smoke under high vacuum, it is most likely the valve stems or valve seals leaking oil into the intake stream.

If you run along at medium rpm, and floor it and it smokes it is most likely rings, and cylinder wear.

5. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

english manuals for minitrucks can be found on LULU.COM Search for Author: "James Danko". James if from yokohama motors and hails from Flint Michigan.

He has lots of books in English for these trucks.

6. Jose A Garcia

Jose A Garcia New Member

I have a 2007 dymac mini truck / all electric / key turns on / lights work / push the gas pedal and the thing doesn’t move / it just clicks when you press the pedal