1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Mitsu engine info

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by fremontminitrucks, Jan 14, 2008.

1. golfcartguy

golfcartguy New Member

Thanks again Dan. I tried the local ezgo vendor, they sent me to another, and so on. I will try another spot tomorrow and will post part numbers if I have any luck. I did find one dealer that would order a carb for me, but they were way too high (ridiculously so, $1300+) Anyway, thanks again.

2. hturner

hturner New Member

I found another hose coming from my distributor it is not the vac advance and it is not connected to anything, my truck quit running and it was because of moisture. I removed the cap and found that it needed a new one, however i am wondering about the extra hose that seems to go nowhere. I think that is where the problem started last hunting season after a large rain. it has refused to crank twice since then after a rain. any help? Hugh

3. TractorDre

TractorDre New Member

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

5. TractorDre

TractorDre New Member

Well the B&S has a larger Displacement that means that the B&S must have a smaller carberator.

Well if all the parts are compatible then you should be able to swap out the caburator or EFI.

Just a thought.

6. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

displacement doesn't necessarily mean that it's got more power. it's how the entire engine is put together. i had an engine in my drag car that was 126 cubic inches (2.1 litre) and i could smoke a dodge viper that had a V10.

think about the old chevys, is a 350 a 350 all the way around? i've seen 305's that made more power than a big block... knowhatamean?

7. TractorDre

TractorDre New Member

You have a point there MM

8. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

this is a really good parts find...thanks
    the only thing i found with the toro engine is that it is only a 6 valve engine and mine is 12 valve, so lots of stuff will work but not the valve train.
    thanks for the site
    oldsnowman

9. MiniTiger

MiniTiger New Member

94 Mits Engine and trans

does any one know where i could get a complete engine and transmission for a 94 mits? Thanks

lump likes this.
  10. golfcartguy

golfcartguy New Member

I have a complete truck for parts, includes good engine and transmission, body is rough. I can be contacted via : homefinderusa2@yahoo.com

And am located in Maryland.
    $1500 for complete truck.

11. minit4xr

minit4xr New Member

Has anyone checked to see if the engine parts of these engines are the same? Rings,Bearings,valves,etc.

12. DougGardens

DougGardens New Member

This is good new for me as I am opening my landscaping business later this year. If I buy the appropriate mower, I could keep spare parts/plugs for both engines. Thanks for the info. Does this apply to all brands, or to Mitsubishi only?

13. rynow

rynow Member

14. slimbad

slimbad Member

It's just bad info on a bad site. I guess they can say anything they want. If you notice under description it says the mits is avail in RWD or AWD. Then under specifications it says avail in FWD or AWD. It also says the engine is a 5V I3. And yeah, mits was the first to develop the 5V engine - but don't think it was put in the trucks just cars. So No Mits is not made by Honda. later, slim

15. oompaloompa

oompaloompa New Member

On a related note to the Toro engine information I found a Canadian winding manufacturer that makes alternators for the 3G83, Wilson Windings.

https://ws1.wilsonautoelectric.com/ec03/part.php?part=90-29-5472

The actual mits part number for the alternator MD166662 is referenced in their cross reference list. Also of interest is the cross reference to other manufacturers.

I'm going to try and use one of their distributors to get one of the alternators and I'll let you all know how it turns out.

OL

16. rynow

rynow Member

re mitsubishi alternators

i noticed that it said 1994 and up on that web page.
    Do you know if those would work on my '92 minicab
    it has the 3G83 in it?

thanks
    R

17. andocfry

andocfry New Member

Help! I've got a '93 Mitzy. I bought an engine book and finally found out the spark plug numbers. I bot the plugs but the spark plug tool was not in the vehicle. So far I have not found a wrench to remove the plugs. Is there a source where I can buy the plug wrench. There's a cute picture of the plug wrench on the valve cover but no wrench.
    Also, I have just now found out the oil filter number but would like to change the air filter and the gas filter (if it has one). One of my more urgent needs is a thermostat. Vehicle barely gets off cold and blows luke warm air on defrost and heat.
    Needs:
    spark plug wrench
    air filter number or source
    gas filter number or source
    thermostat

18. rynow

rynow Member

FIND TORO parts ....compatible?

I just talked to a mechanic at a lawn tracktor service company.
    Their guys have worked on the 3G83 engines they gave me this link to look for parts for that engine. It looks pretty solid.

It's the Toro master viewer parts search page.

the guy I talked to said the workman 3200 series has the 3G83 engine and the toro engine or part reference number is 07202

here's the link maybe some others can verify.
    https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

the drawings for the fuel filter and fule pump look just like on my van.

let me know if this stuff looks like its gonna work.

19. slimbad

slimbad Member

Deja vu - x2 years. Check post #9 this thread........later, slim

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  20. rynow

rynow Member

funny dejavu

Wow that's funny
    I read this thread before which was what got me looking for toro parts.
    but I never came back to the thread til getting the info locally about toro stuff.
    thanks Slim.

Does anyone have any new parts from toros they have tried on their mits?

R
    :eek: