1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improving Mini Truck Fuel Economy

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Eljordano, Aug 14, 2008.

1. confuzed

confuzed Member

Wow I have a headache from over info:D but the best method to improve fuel economy is in your garage probably FREE Can be installed with hand tools.Will take about 10 minutes. Want to know how? OK here it is ............ Take a piece of plwywood 1" wide and 2" long fine the area that the gas peddal is the lowest screw the plywood to the floor boards preventing the gas peddal from being fully depressed. Amazing gas milage is improved bad side effect loss of top speed and power, but I only claimed to be able to improve fuel economy lol. Sorry off track but I thought at this point a tiny bit of humour might help at the gas pumps.

2. Do not know if it has been mentioned (I have read in here something about cam profiles) but setting valve lash is the best way to do it if the motor needs it. I gained 10% mileage and more power to boot.

3. Ask to talk to Ryan at power dodge he is a mechanic. There is nothing he cannot fix or fabricate from old JD tractors to motorcycles. I can get you his phone number if you like?

4. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

i know jamie there. ill give him a call. see what he can do