1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm back... ;)

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Psycho Mike, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Well, it's been a few years since I parted ways with my '90 Carry...was starting to haul around precious cargo (our daughter) and the wife wanted something with either airbags or a back seat. A few vehicles later, including a JDM Subaru Forester, the wife says to me: "You know, she's old enough and asking to do stuff with you. Maybe we could get another one of those little trucks and you could do projects on it with her." Sometimes I really love my wife!

Needless to say, I think I'm starting to keep my eyes on the truck market again ;) I'm starting to think something in the 2002-2005 range with the K6A (timing belts suck...time to try the EFI with a chain, I think). Should be a decent base :)

From there, I'm thinking:
    - 3" lift (unless the new ones take a 4" for better tire clearance...there were binding issues in the past) with upgraded front springs
    - Front brush bar with 2" receiver and LED light bar
    - Rear bumper with 2" receiver
    - 2" hitch mount winch (just in case)
    - Wheel spacers...possibly with conversion to a more common lug spacing (unless they changed it)
    - Wheels and tires (most aggressive street legal I can get on it)
    - A couple additional lights on the headache rack (one cargo light....that had been a great add on my '90...and a couple forward facing.
    - Possibly drill a couple holes in the box bed to put in a lockable alu. storage box
    - Replace as many bulbs as possible with LED equivalents

Should keep us busy for a little while ;)

2. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Oh....and a tach...gotta have a tach with a stick ;)