1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm back with another Sambar!

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Kitty, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Kitty

Kitty Member

:cool:

Yessir, I got one and now it's a Van.
    [​IMG]

After a few weeks the timing belt, water pump and all the front end gaskets will be done. It also sounds like it needs a clutch throw out bearing, hmm.. :pop:

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Aw, it's so cute!

3. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

Kei meet? :D

4. Kitty

Kitty Member

Yep, it's my snotboard taxi.

1991 I think.
    Try Dias trim so it has curtains. (VIP!)
    Dual glass sunroof
    A/C
    Captain chairs
    And everything that a sambar truck has.

So many things so I'll post more pics !

I'm down!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. Jessf

Jessf Member

kei cars are f$^cking awesome.

6. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

510 club meeting at TBC on the 11th. I'm pretty sure Jason will be there with the Domingo. Maybe we can crash the datsun meet with Keis :p

I miss my 510 :(

7. Kitty

Kitty Member

Some more pictures, I changed the lighting to a colder temperature to give it a nice white look.

Warning: Large images. :D
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/Tsukkie/SambarVan-3.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/Tsukkie/SambarVan-2.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/Tsukkie/SambarVan.jpg

I`m about to install my last deck from the Kei Truck to this Van so I will have some unh tiss unh tiss. :eek:

Arghhh so tempting !!
    I really wanna see a Domingo.

Totally dude, I wanna make mine super clean and healthy. :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  8. Sambarmon92

Sambarmon92 Member

Sweet, looks just like my van :D. Those look like the original JDM head lights, are you required to change/modify them to be road legal or are they fine just the way they are ?

9. Kitty

Kitty Member

Honestly I think they're the original, I don't understand how it's been inspected but it's been inspected. As long as I can insure it, I'm happy so far until I start the new job and getting work done properly to poor little Kei Van. ;)

10. Sambarmon92

Sambarmon92 Member

Cool !, as long as it passed the inspection, insuring it should be no problem. Good luck with the repairs.;) I get the work done properly by doing it myself, I don't trust anybody with my Sambar :p:rolleyes:

11. Kitty

Kitty Member

Ah well, I just started work so time is sort and she's my daily driver. My trusted friend has the fastest FWD in B.C so I think I should be able to trust him with my 40hp Sambar. (Haha)

I think it's final I want my T-belt, Water bump, Front main seals, and clutch to be done. I recently started to hear the throw out bearing in the clutch so might as well do that too.

Body work wise, I just gotta save save save and find a parts van if that's cheaper than repairing and painting. :D :pop:

12. Sambarmon92

Sambarmon92 Member

If you have trusted friend and its a daily driver then that's different. My van is my 3rd vehicle and a toy, so if it takes me a little longer to make it perfect, so be it. That way I get to know it better, and feel good knowing that I didn't pay someone $500 to to replace a $2 part.;) BTW my has 54hp (Supercharged) :p

Yah, get it all done at the same time if you can.

I haven't seen any part vans for sale, but my guess is that repairing and painting will be cheaper.:pop:

13. Janlone

Janlone Member

A Sambar van meet will be interesting. Im down with it too. Where in Vancouver are you guys from?

14. Kitty

Kitty Member

I'm in Burnaby but can venture out anywhere.

I'll do some gas mileage pictures in a bit. :D

15. Janlone

Janlone Member

Let's do it. I'm in Richmond. It's gonna be awesome.

16. Kitty

Kitty Member

I just met a Sambar heading up Main st, I honked and gave a thumbs up. Was it anyone here ?

17. Janlone

Janlone Member

What color? Any sunroofs?

18. Kitty

Kitty Member

Almost exactly the same as mine.

19. KetkuFIN

KetkuFIN New Member

quick question.
    Isn't Domingo, E12, E10 and Columbuss the same car as sambar? except for the engine..

20. Kitty

Kitty Member

Essentially, yes I believe. They even some what call it a Sambar when referring it as a Domingo. :confused:

-----------
    Oooo snap!

Poor little start pooped out on me. It's been giving signs but I never thought this soon it would start sticking. She's at the shop right now and trying to pick up a starter or just rebuilding mine.

21. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

Kitty setup a meet, I work till 5 on weekdays and school till 9:30 Mondays and weds.

Should make a straight up Kei meet, could be fun :D

but what to do... Squamish cruise! we can create a missive traffic jam!
    ;)

22. Janlone

Janlone Member

I'm a member of NASIOC, the Subaru club and they always meet on Friday nights at the Byrne Road Tim Hortons. Chill, take pictures and all cuz that parking lot is very well lit. It will be cool to show them what we got aside from their STIs.

Bobacuda likes this.
  23. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

kitty you in?

24. Janlone

Janlone Member

The meetIng starts from 11 pm to 2am just so you know. I have never been into one but they do meet up if it's not raining. I don't wanna go by myself but if you two go then we have a group!

25. Kitty

Kitty Member

Wait wait wait, I've been skimming the thread quickly but I have next week, Monday, Tueday and Sunday off.

So pick and we'll do !
    I have a weird Schedule since I work on Cypress Mountain haha.

26. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

looks like the weathers gonna suck tonight.

27. Janlone

Janlone Member

Yeah, it's a no go for me. I know some guys from NASIOC will show up there starting 10pm rain or shine every week though. Oh well, I guess I'll wait until we have a gang before heading there. Our vans are already small enough... :)

So you're not free on any Fridays Kitty?

28. Kitty

Kitty Member

So when is this minitruck meet la ?

29. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

well are you free on any fridays?

30. Janlone

Janlone Member