1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess I'll be the first one. :D

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wolfman, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Hi everyone, My name is Bryan Foust. The nickname Wolfman was given to me by my co-workers when I used to have a wolfdog as a pet. I currently reside in rural Wise County, near the town of Paradise, TX. I live on 6.63 acres with my now three dogs Snow, Bear, and most recently Gracie. Snow and Bear are Great Pyrenees, and Gracie is a Great Dane.

Snow was found on the side of the road at approximately 3.5 months old nearby my house. I took her in, and she has had a forever home since. Bear was purchased from a working farm near McKinney, TX. Gracie was found just a week and a half ago, also nearby where I live. I am currently nursing her back to health, as she is still quite emaciated, and has numerous injuries all over her body. She is a senior for the breed at a vet guessitmated 7 years old. She will also be allowed to live out her remaining life here with me. I also allow my neighbour to graze his horses on my back acreage, so I currently have two on the property. One is white, and named Sugar. The other is brown, and named Doc.

I got curious about minitrucks when I started seeing them pop up in some of the small towns along my mormal route to Colorado, where I have family. As I was always in some form of hurry to get to destination, I never got the opportunity to look at one, untill a very rough looking Daihatsu showed up in Decatur. I looked at the truck, liked what I saw, despite the poor shape, and called the number on the sign. I then found out that he had several to choose from, so I looked at some of the others. It was then, when I found this forum, wanting to know more about these trucks. At the same time, I was keeping track of another Texas buyer, who was in the process of getting his minitruck registered for on road use. After his success, I pulled the trigger on mine, and bought a 1995 Daihatsu Hijet. Effective yesterday, mine is also now registered to be legally driven on the streets. This truck will in effect, be replacing both my compact tractor, and my 1/2 ton truck.

I have a few modifications planned. They are to get the windows tinted, the cheesey AM only radio removed in favor of an AM/FM/Cassette deck, so I can install my XM, and finally to install a cruise control. I'm also looking for some form of padding that I can use to fill a gap between the seat and my back, which will help in support, without pushing me any closer to the dash.

Anyway, a couple of pics of the truck in the back yard, with the dogs checking it out for the first time:

Attached Files:

2. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MiniTruckTalk, I'm glad you started out the intros!

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Neat. I always wanted a Great Pyrenees when I was a kid. I would think being a big furry dog in Texas would be a tough job though! :D

What kind of tractor do you have? I love my JD 4100, it's worth it's weight in gold. BUT it doesn't handle the hills and woods very well and there's only so much I can carry around in the bucket. Which is why I want a mini truck! :p

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I have a Yanmar 1500 diesel tractor with a 48" brush hog. I bought it primarily to mow the back acreage, and drag dead tree parts around. It ended up sitting around unused for three years. I finally got it fixed back up and running, so I can sell it off. I've found horses to be alot more economical grass cutters - especially when they are someone elses horses, and I don't have to pay for their upkeep!! :D

5. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Brian,

Welcome...from another Texan! Great introduction, sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy. I am sure you will enjoy and get a lot of use from your mini truck. Actually, I can not decide whether to keep a Diahatsu or a Suzuki as my personal truck. I really like the Diahatsu....but Suzukis seem to be very popular, and the one I will keep has a dump bed.