1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got tunes!!!

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by HEADYDOG, Dec 14, 2007.

1. HEADYDOG

HEADYDOG New Member

Well I finally got rid of that old A.M. hunk of junk and put in a pioneer CD player. I have a 99 susuki and it has places in the dash, up by the window to put 4 inch speakers in. So now I can rock out and stay warm.

2. Colin

Colin Member

Congrats.

Did you hook up the antenna? In my Sambar, I plugged the AM antenna into the back of my Sony deck and it gets pretty poor reception. I avoid the FM in favor of MP3 CDs anyway. :)

Colin

3. HEADYDOG

HEADYDOG New Member

Colin, I did hook it up and actually I get pretty good reception. It's been really cloudy and lots of rain in Kentucky, so I was supprised.

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

I hooked up my new stereo to the Sambar antenna and it works great. Maybe your antenna wires are loose?

5. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

The old AM radios in mini trucks are classic. There is little modern music broadcasted on AM, mostly Japanese folk music (Enka) and talk radio. NHK (The national tv and radio broadcaster, like CBC in Canada) has a bunch of AM stations and they have one that broadcasts language learning shows. I was learning Japanese through their English learning show.

6. Colin

Colin Member

The old AM antenna wire wasn't quite the right size to fit snugly into my deck's antenna jack... I'm sure that's why I'm getting bad reception.