1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy from Dallas Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Humper, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Humper

Humper New Member

Wanted to introduce myself and tell everyone what a great source of info this site is. I just picked up a 94 DD51T suzuki CARRY 4wd this past Sunday. I'm very interested in getting in touch with any other forum members FROM the DFW area. I've got a ton of questions.

Thanks

Jeff (AKA .....HUMPER):D

2. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Hey Humper, My name is Oscar I'm in Little Elm, I got a Suzuki myself, as a matter of fact she is on the trailor and hooked up to my truck...BOW SEASON. Like to see your truck, haven't found anyone here in the metroplex..this a a great sight, I have learned alot, just ask anything and you WILL get an answer.

3. gbrad

gbrad Member

Hi Fellas,

I live in Gunter, but I have a business in Plano and drive in most days. I have a 1999 DB52T. There are several of us near the Metroplex.

Attached Files:

4. Humper

Humper New Member

Thanks for the warm wlecome guys. Oscar, I'm just across the Lake from you in Corinth. ...and yes it is BOW season...I'm usually at the lease in jack Co. every weekend through January.

It would be a blast to hook up with other mini owners in the area. Maybe we can do a meet and greet real soon.

5. DRW

DRW Member

Hello Humper, good luck with your new toy, I am in Tyler, not too far from the Metroplex.

6. Welcome aboard! You'll find all kinds of helpful info here. If your lease is in Jack County you drive not too far from my place. I'm in Boyd, just south of Decatur in S Wise County. Enjoy the truck!

7. 350v8s10

350v8s10 Member

Hi, Humper (and everyone else) -

Welcome! I am also close by. My new (to me) 2000 Sambar & I am over here in N. Fort Worth.

Terry

8. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Hey Fellas, lets do like Humper suggested a meet and greet, Hey Humper I got a nice 8-point this weekend...Fellas where should we meet, we got N. Ft. Worth, Corinth, Gunter, Little Elm, Tyler...I would say somewhere on 380.

9. DRW

DRW Member

A meet and greet might be pretty slick, of course everyone would need to bring their toys.

10. Humper

Humper New Member

Oscar....I arrowed two fat does this weekend too.

How about Hooters on I- 35 in Lewisville wed. night at 7pm.

11. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Very cool...Love them Wings, I'm in...

12. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

On, the guys that can't make it Wednesday evening we need to agree on a place, and bring our toys like DRW suggested.

13. DRW

DRW Member

A weekend would probably be better, but hunting season IS here.

14. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

I agree with you, I will not being going back to my lease until the 30th of this month, so if there is a weekend before then let me know, and lets see what the other guys say.

15. 350v8s10

350v8s10 Member

I am not usually available for social gatherings. I am not anti-social, it is just that, right now, I have no personal time to use for fun things. I will keep track of you guys and when I get to the point I can do something, I'll let you all (Yankee for "ya'all") know.(I was thinking of a ride at River Run or someplace similar to look forward to)

16. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Just work and no fun will kill you..hope everything goes well for you stay in touch and do let us know when you have time, need to keep track of our mini-brothers...

17. DRW

DRW Member

I think this is pretty simple, Humper started this party, I say let him pick a time and place, those that can make it will and if the interest is there another meet can be planned for later.

18. Unfortunately I'm in a similar situation as Terry. Too much work right now. Mini trucks, other business, house remodel, pending wedding plans, selling her house, etc. it definitely keeps me out of trouble, though.

However I will throw this out there. I'd be happy to host something at my shop - I've got a large facility that everyone can bring their toys out to, hang out, exchange ideas, tips, tricks, etc. Possibly a Saturday afternoon sometime. Maybe after hunting season, or at least later in the season when all the good hunters have already bagged their limit! :) Who knows what kind of trucks I'll have when it rolls around, too. :D

I'll see what the near future brings and maybe we can all get together.

19. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Jason, I think that would be a good idea we'll keep in touch, congrats on the up coming wedding.

20. Thank you! Fortunately the wedding is still about a year away, but my planner (future wife) is pushing to get everything done, now! :)

We'll be in touch and when things slow down a little, we'll put something together.

21. Humper

Humper New Member

Wow....sounds like we have a few plans....

This wed. at the Hooters in Lewisville off of I 35 at 7 pm for a litle mini truck social hour and then we can plan an after hunting season mini - extravaganza at Jason's shop in Boyd......

Humper

22. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Humper, 7 pm Hooters...I will have an orange Browning cap on.
    Oscar

23. Humper

Humper New Member

I'll have a rocky mountain elk foundation hat on.....

anyone else going to be in the area?????

24. DRW

DRW Member

I will have to pass on the Wednesday night social, the proposed Saturday afternoon meet later in the hunting season will work better for me. Ya'll have fun!

25. Humper

Humper New Member

Great to meet you Oscar. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future to discuss archery, hunting and mini's over a nice cold one.

26. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Hey Humper good to meet you as well, looking forward to another cold one.

27. DRW

DRW Member

Did you boys even talk about mini trucks? Sounds more like a beer,wings, and babes outing to me, and there ain't nothing wrong with that!

28. Humper

Humper New Member

DRW...I think we slid a little mini truck talk in between the wings, beer & babes. There was a cowboys sports radio show broadcasting there last night too We got to see former Cowbvoy greats Nate Newton and Jay Novachek plus lots of very nice looking young ladies....

29. Oscar Rivera

Oscar Rivera New Member

Ice cold beer, hot chicken wings, lots of good looking women....BAD ***!

30. DRW

DRW Member

Sounds like it was fun, If there is another gathering on a weekend or when I am on vacation I will sure try and make it.