1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How tall are Mini Truck drivers?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Schick, May 6, 2009.

?

How tall are you?

1. 5'5" and under

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. 5'6" to 5'7"

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. 5'8" to 5'9"

18 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. 5'10" to 5'11"

27 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 6' to 6'1"

25 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. 6'2" to 6'3"

17 vote(s)
    15.7%
  7. 6'4" to 6'5"

8 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. 6'6" or higher

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

5'4" and 125lbs. Damn, this little Suzuki fits me great, lots of room to move around in!

2. o8k

o8k Member

5'9-1/2" I rounded up to 5'10" vs down, figuring i'd be in shoes when driving :D
    150lbs.

3. jpfanne

jpfanne Member

6'6", 235lbs. Thought my old Daihatsu was a little tight, but I fit OK. I upgraded to a 2002. Now I can't believe all the leg room. The Honda is not made for long legs. I feel your pain with the blinker switch. I have to hold the door open to drive it. Wander if a smaller steeing wheel would solve the problem in the Honda.

Jeff.

4. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

6' dead on 185 lbs...fit no prob.....have a 5'10" 300lb friend who can't get the pass. seat belt on;)

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

6'6" here. kinda big to but i still fit in my liteace and dad's subaru

6. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

Height

6'3" 1999 Mitsubishi U62T

7. WELDER

WELDER Member

This is the perfect thread for what happened today. A friend came over to see/drive my Sambar for the first time today.

I am 5'8 140 lbs....with my racing wheel, I feel only slightly more cramped than in my full size Chebby's :p

My friend, 6'5 190 lbs, had a bit of trouble with his knees hitting the wheel and shifting. I think 6'5 and skinny is the limit for Sambar pickups.

8. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

[​IMG]
    5"8' 180 pounds in a Daihatsu Jumbo with plenty of room to spare.

9. erixun

erixun Member

5' 9" and about 200lbs of gelatinous mass:cool: I fit fine, but I would like to recline a bit... course' maybe thats why the 200 is in there... too MUCH reclining:D

10. anthill

anthill Member

6'-5", 35" inseam. Just sat in a mid-90s Acty for the first time yesterday and, like others, found my knees were buried in the steering column.

Anyone compared the leg room in an Acty versus a Sambar?

11. Canadian_Jumbo

Canadian_Jumbo New Member

I'm about 6'5" and I fit into the Jumbo Daihatsu just fine. However Getting into my brothers 92 Super Deluxe is a bit of a challenge, and I always feel uncomfortable with my back up against the seat which is right up against the cab. For short trips sure I would go here and there but for any trip that is longer I would rather take the Jumbo.

12. G1LB3RT

G1LB3RT New Member

5'11'' and 210lbs here.

At first, getting in was a challenge for me. prolly got used in using vehicles having a lot of leg room.

13. anthill

anthill Member

Here's a few photos from test-driving a Sambar truck this afternoon. It's doable, but not very comfy.

The dream might be over... :(

Attached Files:

14. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

I'm 6"1' about 320lbs.. I'm def not the tallest, but i seem to be the heaviest.
    I'm more comfortable in my Jumbo then i am is some cars. haha

15. deshet

deshet Member

I can't tell if the seats in the Jumbo go further back then a regular hijet. I can tell that they recline. Can you let me know if the seats also goes further back? Do you have much head room? Do your knees hit any of the controls while shifting?

Do you mind sharing your weight?

I am on minitruck 7 and 8 trying to find something that I can fit in. I have a perfect Honda Acty Attack with rear locker that I can't fit in up for sale. I won a government auction for a lhd jumbo and then found a rhd jumbo in Japan that should arrive in February.

I would appreciate any information that you can share about your experience with the jumbo.

**I know the thread is old....the same people that usually complain about old threads usually complain about people not using the search feature***

Thanks

16. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Spot on! I don't have one, but had narrowed my search to either a jumbo or sambar so I did a bunch of studying on each. From what I've read, the Jumbo seats don't really go back any further, but they can be relocated further back if you are willing to drill. It does affect the fit and function of the seat belt if you do so keep that in mind. I'm sure a few inches is all you would need though. What's the location on the Attack?

17. ttc

ttc Active Member

I am 6 1 and 190 lbs. I also cut the steering wheel bracket and moved the wheel fwd and up to give more clearance between the seat and the bottom of the wheel. Good for getting the left leg in and out. And probably good if you have a Molson muscle or Budweiser belly lol

18. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

@5' 8" & 175lbs...... go tno issues sitting comfy in my 95 zuki carry or the 02 zuki carry(which has a ton more room)

19. Bobacuda

Bobacuda Member

I am in the same height-weight category and I fit fine in my Sambar. I would not want to road trip it for several hundred miles, though.

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  20. deshet

deshet Member

The Honda Acty has sold.
    I have a lhd and rhd Jumbo arriving soon.
    Hoping that they are larger then the Sambar.
    Drilling holes isn't a problem

I have always heard that the Sambar is the least capable off-road. If these don't work work I will likely try a bongo or one of the trucks that is slightly larger than a mini truck.

Thanks