1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIJET IDENTIFICATION

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by BRETLEY, Mar 28, 2018.

1. BRETLEY

BRETLEY New Member

Can anyone identify the model of this Hijet. It was written off in a road smash and i am currently restoring it as a farm runabout.
    I cannot find a compliance plate or any other identifying numbers and have turned every part of the vehicle inside out searching for these. The only thing I have found are the numbers CB23 moulded into the engine block. I have posted some pictures to aid in an identification

Attached Files:

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

You should be able to find a stamping under the seat right about where a back pocket would be in that last pic. Tilt the seat mount up to expose the engine compartment and look on the top surface. You might also find a plate with some info just about at your beltline in that pic at the front surface of the rear doorframe of that sidedoor.

Fred

3. BRETLEY

BRETLEY New Member

Thanks Fred.
    Is it the drivers seat or the passenger seat you are refering to?
    I have thoroughly inspected all the doorframes several times and also looked under both seats many times...nothing there.
    Cheers
    Brett

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Typically, it is stamped under the seat, on the flat closest to the door, on the right hand side.

5. BRETLEY

BRETLEY New Member

Managed top find this number under the drivers seat. It was extremely faint and only found it by using a piece of sandpaper and sanding the layers of paint back. Any idea what this stands for.
    JDA000S7600000167

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Hmmm! The S76 was manufactured in Indonesia, and a lot of them exported to Australia. What little info, I can find says it had a larger engine.

7. BRETLEY

BRETLEY New Member

Mine has a 1.0L engine.
    The fact that s76 is incorporated in the serial number (JDA000S7600000167) does suggest to me that it is this model.
    Hrre is a pic of it at the moment. I have got it rigged with 3 tanks on the tray to spray my plants on my little farm. I also fabricated a PTO drive to run a large diaphram spray pump which is fitted at he rear under the tray.

Attached Files:

• 4wd.jpg
      4wd.jpg
      File size:
      110.1 KB
      Views:
  8. Jigs-n-fixtures

I’ve always wondered if those larger displacement engines would bolt to the bell housing for the 660-cc engines. A 1 or 1.3-liter with a 70 to 110% increase in horsepower, and torque would sure be a nice upgrade.