1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High idle

Discussion in 'Autozam' started by Ramblin' Man, Jan 7, 2017.

?

How to bring down high idle on 92 suzuki carry mini truck

1. Replace choke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bleed air off coolant lines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ramblin' Man

Ramblin' Man New Member

Have high idle on 92 suzuki carry mini truck. Liquid choke may be problem. Can a person manually heat the choke to see if it operates? Where can I get choke replacements?

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

First clean out the 2 water lines to the carb.,I know it sounds crazy but that's what it took with mine. They plug up all the time especially if it's fresh from Japan. Just as well flush the whole cooling system while your at it, just be sure to look out the lines to the carb.

3. Ramblin' Man

Ramblin' Man New Member

OK!! Will try in AM!! Thanks much!!

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I don't know how much research you've done but anytime you drain or flush the cooling system you need to jack the front end up to get the radiator cap to be the highest point in the system then carefully open the bleeder on the thermostat housing and turn the heater controls to high and fill it slowly to get all the air out. It's a PITA but otherwise you will have an air lock and it will drive you nuts.
    Good luck

5. Ramblin' Man

Ramblin' Man New Member

ok, will do that when I flush it!! Ha to do that with my son's BMW 328i also. So, today I found a small 1/4" hose (same type/size of hose going to fast idle choke-I think that is what thats called.) that came from the back of truck and connected to carb broken off, repaired that, still no change. Removed hose from the lower idle choke (or whatever you call it) and the small filter (looks like a filter, blue on one end, clear plastic on the other end) and I cannot blow through it!! Also, it is 19 degrees out here in the mountains, ran truck for a good 15 minutes, no heat coming out of vents, suspecting stuck thermostat. If coolant system is not working will the fast idle not work??

6. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That little blue and white deal is a valve in a vacuum line, there are several of them in the vac. system, mostly check valves to control flow so they say.I think they did it to drive us nuts. There is a filter/check valve in one coolant line to the carb. and if I remember right it is bolted to the motor mount.On mine it was plugged solid and one end broke off so I threw it away and haven't missed it.I think that 1/4" line from the back is probably a gas fume return line that is some kind of environmental requirement in Japan.
    Before you condemn the thermostat be sure you don't have an air lock in the system, that's sure what it sounds like from here but I'm a long ways from the mountains and it's 75 here.

7. Ramblin' Man

Ramblin' Man New Member

Sounds good! I will park front end up on a rock and run engine a bit and bleed.