1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys here's my Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Anne Sweeney, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Anne Sweeney

Anne Sweeney Member

Hi my name is Anne im from the Philippines and recently got this Suzuki Carry/Mazda Scrum from our local dealer of refurbished pick ups from Japan. I installed an aftermarket LED tail light and a third brake light, I think its way nice than the factory ones. Also have this "canopy" with bench on each side as this truck are popular with family outings too.
    Oh well here it is..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

WOW. You go Girl. Anne that is one sweet looking little Suz/Maz. Color is great.
    Where did the extra cab come from? Did you buy it or it came with truck? What size wheels and tires.

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Anne, Good looking setup there. Where are you, I am in Iloilo and have a Carryvan that I bought last year. Mine came from the through channels as yours. I only had one small glitch with the fuel gauge not working properly, and they took care of it on warranty. So far has been a good little vehicle, does what I want it for and no hassle. My main consternation came from the LTO getting my License Plate, took 8 months for them to furnish it meanwhile I was driving on an expired temporary plate.

Trax and Horns - The extra cabs seem to be an accessory as I see them on about half of the pickups I see driving around. They are fiberglass and have "Suzuki" molded in each side.

Fred

4. fmartin_gila

Anne, Good looking setup. Where are you, I am in Iloilo. Got my little Carryvan last year. Came through the same channels as yours. Seems to be a good little vehicle, does what I want it for. I had only one small glitch with the fuel gauge and they took care of it on warranty. The main consternation I had was with LTO, took them about 8 months to furnish me with my License Plate while in the meantime I was driving with an expired temporary Plate such as what you are displaying in your pics.

Trax and Horns, The extra cab seems to be an accessory item, I see them on about half of the Zuki Pickups running around here. It is fiberglass and looks very well made, has "SUZUKI" molded into each side and is pop riveted to the bed rail.

Fred

5. fmartin_gila

OOPS ! ! Don't know how I managed to double up.

Fred

6. Anne Sweeney

Anne Sweeney Member

By the way im a guy. My name's kind of misleading and that avatar seems to have set that way. Yes @TRAX and HORNS it is an extra accessory purchased with the vehicle or separately. Wheel diameter is 24" and 25" when measured right at the contact patch to the road. Its so heavy. Its a 4x4 4sp with hi-lo. Can this explain why i can barely go 70kph on this things?

7. fmartin_gila

My Van is a 5Spd 2WD and I can run up to 100KPH. Don't know for sure but the pickups may be higher ratio differentials which would give a lower top speed but more "grunt" on the lower end for starting & moving heavier loads than the van. I have always been a pickup guy too, but at this point in life (I'm 76 years) I don't do what I used to do so much and the van has been more practical for me and the family.

Fred

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  8. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Love the truck- I did not really like red colour until I saw yours.

9. Anne Sweeney

Anne Sweeney Member

@Tony Evers red wasnt actually my choice when i got this from the dealer. Because that time i need to choose between the charcoal grey that is 4x4 with 5 sp and EL between this 4x4 4 sp with hi-lo which they say the low speed can be utilized from 1st to 4th gear including Reverse.

Tony Evers likes this.
  10. Carefull where you run in 4x4 with 2 different sized tires, Looks great thou