1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with over heating

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by glenn, May 24, 2010.

1. glenn

glenn Member

I have a vw combi with that electronic tranny...it's been fun getting all the bugs out (no pun intended)...it's running good with the engine and tranny but now it seems to be over heating when I drive it about a half an hour at 70 km per hour (45 miles per hour)...any sugestions where to trouble shoot?

I'm still not too happy with the tranny....anyone have a good used one?

2. erixun

erixun Member

Not familiar with your exact vehicle, but I had a similar issue. Flush your radiator and cooling system a few times. I drained mine, then flushed it with a scale remover/cleaner/flush chemical from my local auto parts store, then drained, ran it till warm, and flushed it about 5 times with just water, then added new coolant with protectant. Alot of these lines are almost completely plugged with gunk, I think some farmers used ditch water.:D Might also do some good to blow out some of the hoses/lines with compressed air.

Remember to get your over flow bottle, and check for air in the system as well, some engines have a bleeder screw by the thermostat. If this doesnt work, I would next get a new thermostat. If that doesnt work, get a white live chicken, a crucifix, a candle and start chanting while........well, never mind, good luck!

greg0187 likes this.