1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Performance' started by mallardman92, Sep 19, 2011.

1. mallardman92

mallardman92 New Member

ive had my sambar for about a month and half now and havent had many problems until about 3 weeks ago i noticed one day it was smoking real bad just all of a sudden. So i still had a waranty i took it back to the dealership to get it checked out. with the luck i have the truck didnt smoke whatsoever. so he told me it might have been some buildup in the exhaust that blewout the tailpipe. So i took it back home and didnt have anymore problems with it smoking, every now and then it will smoke a little when it is started but quickly stops smoking. and havent had much more problems with it until about 2 weeks ago i noticed a loss in power. I drove the truck back and forth to work on the farm everyday. when i first got the truck it would get up and go. now all of a sudden it has a problem getting to 80 kms. Now just this afternoon took it on a short trip up the road, drove fine and when i go to start it up it started but when i put it in reverse it had no power and just died. what would you say to look for or at a point in the right direction would be helpful

thanks joey

2. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

3. mallardman92

mallardman92 New Member

got the truck going turned out it doesnt run on unleaded gas with a ethynol blend. drained all the gas out put some premium gas in and she fired right up

thanks for the help
    joey

4. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Where'd you get the gas from, and what % ethanol was it?

5. mallardman92

mallardman92 New Member

casey's its either 8% or 10 % ethynol