1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please- Translations

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Schick, May 1, 2009.

1. Schick

Schick Member

I sure would appreciate some Japanese to English translations to help me better understand my little Japanese truck. Unlike the mini trucks, the information out there for the Titan is scarce. I could use any assistance. Gathering what I can from the stickers I found is really helpfull. (EDIT: while fixing my typing errors, I noticed that the following picture makes the truck look huge. Trust me, it isn't that big at all, it's just a strange optical effect.)

Here's a photo I took not too long ago after a little snowfall: (That's my wife hurrying towards the house to avoid the camera)
    [​IMG]

I noted that under the passenger seat there are a few stickers providing info. It would be nice to know what these are. here's the first. I assume it is describing the engine.
    Engine Sticker 1
    [​IMG]

Another showing what appears to be lubrication info and some other handy data. Probably something I need to know, right?
    Engine Sticker 2
    [​IMG]

There is another sticker in the engine area. The sticker is cracked, but it shows a metric temperature.
    Engine Sticker 3
    [​IMG]

The next sticker is found on a few areas on the body and frame. Even after looking at the diagram, I am unsure what it refers to. I assume it's something important. Sorry, but the sticker is cracked.
    [​IMG]

This next one is on the back of the box. I am guessing it displays the load capacity.
    Weight Sticker
    [​IMG]

Here's something that isn't a sticker, and really has nothing to do with me properly maintaining my truck, but I think it might be interesting. The truck obviously was used for work, but what kind of work. This is a picture of the small logo on each side of the cab. It appears hand painted, and as you can see, it is quite faded. Any idea what this says? I'd love to get a little history on my great little Japanese truck. Every once in a while, when driving around, I wonder what this little truck used to do for it's past owners. Is the writing readable?
    [​IMG]

Thanks to anyone one the forum that can help with any of these photos.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. Here is your translation for the Mazda

Hello,
    You posted a lot of pictures…LOL. Ill help you out.

Picture 1
    Showa 57( 1983) Meets Emissions for that year
    Engine Type: XA
    Engine Exact CC: 2522cc
    Engine Idle (RPM) 630
    Timing at 630 (0) BTDC

Mazda Corporation
    Next Sticker
    This is a (Tenken) or Inspection and Oil Specifications Sticker
    Engine: Use Mazda Diesel Engine oil For Temp -10 to-25 SAE20W (Change every 3 months or 5000KM) A must for new vehicles
    Transmission: ATF: Change every 6 months or 40,000Kilometers
    Differential: HP: SAE90W: Change every 6 months or 40,000Kilometers
    Steering gear oil: Manual EP.SAE90
    Power Steering Oil: ATF or Dexron2 (Automatic tranny oil)
    Oil Filter Change: Every 10,000
    Fuel Filter: Every 50,000

Next: The coolant won’t freeze as stated to -16

Next: Spare tire removal from under the rear. Turn the handle right for up and left to lower the tire. Rest you should be able to figure out…LOL

The last blue picture is the old name and owner’s business name and phone number. Your truck was a commercial truck used in Osaka.

When you guys buy trucks dont dealers explain these things???? Bit strange

Cheers,
    Don:)

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

You are the Man Don.

4. Schick

Schick Member

Thanks for taking the time to translate this for me. Much appreciated.

It's nice to know the truck was used in Osaka. Makes me wonder what kind of business it was used in.

The spare tire directions surprised me. I really had no idea what the symbols and pictures meant. Makes sense now.:eek:

5. The name is Hokusetsu Electric Company Tel: 0726-33-1503
    Probably an electric equipment maker or service company. Now you have the phone number you could call them up!.....LOL

Br,
    Don

Acerguy likes this.
  6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the help, Don!

7. Schick

Schick Member

Thanks evrybody for all the help.

I took the truck in for some engine service today and the translations helped a lot.

It's also great to know what my little truck was used for before i got it. Very cool. :)