1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed, Carb to TBI(style) fuel delivery.

Discussion in 'Performance' started by WELDER, Jan 24, 2010.

1. WELDER

WELDER Member

I don't know how far along you are in gathering parts, but as questions arise, feel free to ask me, as I've solved almost every one :)

In terms of your +5 VREF, signal wire, and ground for your TPS, I've got it figured. I'll do the stepper IAC tomorrow.

I'm writing it all down, so it is on hand for ya if you want it :)

What MS are you going for?

I got the MSII w/ v3.57. I spent the extra coin for direct coil control...build in rev limiter for the corners :D

Care to post some pics of your truck?

2. jgendr

jgendr New Member

I havent even started the MS yet, I still have to order one. I'm thinking of going with a Microsquirt and a ms2 sequencer. reason being is that it can do Sequencial FI and Coil on plug if I ever go that route. I want to leave all avaliable option for the future. This is gonna be fun. Sprint turbo Donor Car $400.

3. jgendr

jgendr New Member

Ok Status Update:

I think I just purchased an 87 Chevy Sprint Turbo car as a donor Vehicle. $450 dollars for a complete decent running Multiport EFI turbo, Intercooled car. Yea it's a G10 1liter 3 cylinder but I get a one stop parts shop for my project to begin.

Thought process:

Scavange complete induction system, turbo, and all the sensors for the build.

Custom Fab a new intake to keep the stock carb set up for later.

custom Fab exhaust manifold for future addition of the turbo.

Purchase Megasquirt 2 and start building the controller. As soon as i can get started I'll start a new thread with details and pics of the 4" lift, Custom fabs, and complete Megasquirt How to's

This is gonna be real fun LOL

4. WELDER

WELDER Member

I can't wait for the build thread "jgendr". Good to hear about the progress.

Get on building up that MS.

I have my build thread in my sig. if you care to check it out. It's not your style though, no big tires or lifts:p

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I see ya'll have already started on your Quest. Just for conversation what about a F I system off a Yamaha 600 or something similar ? A lot of bikes are F I these days. I understand cost. But then again I see stuff going pretty cheap though total loss insurance auctions. I could see putting a R1 engine in one, Yips.

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

That would be killer, Terry. :D

7. WELDER

WELDER Member

That sounds like a plan. The only reason I went the "automotive TBI" route, is because you can stuff an 80lb/h injector in the Sprint TBI.

8. 3banger

3banger Member

I'm going to watch this thread very closely.

I'm looking to get rid of a Minicab carb for something else. Has anyone got a megasquirt going yet?