1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from NYC: 1991 Subaru Sambar

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheFatGuido, Mar 17, 2017.

1. TheFatGuido

TheFatGuido New Member

Hey everyone,

Just figured I would do a quick intro here since I just joined. Picked up a 1991 Subaru Sambar with a bit over 15,000 miles. Gonna use it for short commute and moving lots of old Japanese motorcycles around. Anyone have any tips or things I should definitely check first? Or just in the area?

Anyway, Cant wait to talk these little trucks and get driving!

-Zach

Attached Files:

2. wmo168

wmo168 New Member

Looks like you got this one from Garanincorp in Orlando. How much did you buy it from and how are you dealing with the owner? Tony seems to be busy lately and has not respond when I call or text him.

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Post some pics when you can!

4. TheFatGuido

TheFatGuido New Member

Hey wmo168. I'm surprised Tony is not answering, he is usually very prompt and quick to answer any questions. As for the price, I paid about 6k when all was said and done, so on the high end for sure. That being said, the truck is super low miles and completely gone over and detailed. Also did a bedliner. Very happy with it so far, hopping to daily once I give my lease back in May.

5. Cincycaddy

Cincycaddy New Member

Did you look at any other sellers before buying with Tony? I chatted with him yesterday. Seems like a nice guy but the only van he has is a Daihatsu Atrai. We are really leaning towards a Subaru Sambar Dias. We visited Duncan Motors and Japanese Classics over the weekend but wanted to see what our other options were.

Chris

6. TheFatGuido

TheFatGuido New Member

I looked at Moshi Moshi motors down in Utah/Cali. they are 3k for 2wd and 3.5k for 4wd Honda Actys. Kindal ooked used and ubused but the price is right!

7. Cincycaddy

Cincycaddy New Member

Was the the one featured with the Triumph Motorcycle in the back of it? That looked like a very nice little truck?

8. TheFatGuido

TheFatGuido New Member

Yeah thats mine. Still gotta put it on the road, just got the vanity plate Arigato for it hahaha

9. Cincycaddy

Cincycaddy New Member

Awesome. His trucks seem expensive but boy are they nice. I'd pay the premium to source through him. Is your's supercharged?

10. TheFatGuido

TheFatGuido New Member

Sadly no. I think its very hard to get the pickup with a supercharger.