1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Ireland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by McDumpface, Mar 25, 2020.

1. McDumpface

McDumpface New Member

Hi everyone from Ireland McDumpface here. Just got myself a 1993 Suzuki carry dump truck, 4wd, Hi and low, Diff lock and axle lock. Sweet little engine which ticks over like the heart of a mouse. Plan to keep it stock for the moment and enjoy it. Delighted to be here too!

punimog likes this.
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Welcome. Does yours have the 4-Cylinder Euro engine, or the 660-cc, three cylinder JDM version?

And, you’ll find the dumpers are lots easier to access the engine on. The regular bed has an access plate, about 60X45-cm that you have to unbolt to get to the carb, and rest of the top of the engine. The dumpers, have a protective plate over the engine, but once that is off, you have really good access to all the hoses, carb, distributor, timing marks, etc.

Limestone likes this.
  3. McDumpface

McDumpface New Member

Just 3 cylinders and 660 cc as it is a direct import from Japan, Although I didn't import it myself, I bought it from a guy in Dublin who had imported, paid all the taxes, and registered it. All I had to do was get insurance. So its fully road legal. I've had that plate off to take a look at the carb because it was having trouble idling when warm, a few little adjustments and its ticking over lovely. The dumper is great, and you're right, tipping the bed up gives great access to the back of the engine, gearbox, prop-shafts, rear axle, and so on. I really am happy with it and the back to basics driving characteristics it has. It reminds me of a simpler time :)
    I see from your avatar you have the "lift" version, now that's cool, I could think of a few uses for that.

Limestone likes this.
  4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Yes the “pick-lift” version is really handy.

And, even though they have some strange characteristics, they are something a guy can wrap his head around and work on, without thousands of dollars tied up in code readers etc. And things are straight forward enough, you can figure out how things work, and modify to make it more personal.

I now have lots of lights for when I’m plowing snow.
    951FD98D-5103-4D32-91B7-B9A93E6A30CB.jpeg

Limestone likes this.