1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from Japan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Yamagata ken, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

The motorized shovel IS great. And I love the Hijet...looks just like mine (but with a dump!). And if they only made the Legacy wagon available here in the US there would be one in my driveway right now (keeping our 2003 Leg wagon company). As always, thanks for the great pictures.

2. Yamagata ken

Yamagata ken Guest

Thanks fupabox and Acerguy. I always carry a camera, and I'm happy to post more photos. I don't want to come across as a self-publicising pratt.

We have two kei cars and the Sambar van on the family fleet. Also, northern Japan has lots of nice country, if you are a farm boy like me.

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

wow you still amaze me with the photos from there!

4. Yamagata ken

Yamagata ken Guest

Thanks. The Yukios "snow pusher" is an amazing machine. Only 50cc concerned me, but it isn't power limited. It will sit there with the blade buried in a mountain of snow with the tracks going round and round, and the engine chugging nicely. The canal system comes on at 6am, 1 pm and 5 pm, for two hours each session. I have to clear a double frontage, plus all of the snow pushed into the gutter by the plough, and I can just about get it done in 2 hours. In previous years I've had to dig the lady out of bed to help, and I don't like doing that. Her normal working day is long hours of hard work.

[​IMG]

The Legacy was runout stock for the previous model. I don't like the new one at all. Toyota have run their accountants over it and de-Subarised it. I'm sure it is more profitable to sell, but when this one is up for replacement, I'll probably be looking elsewhere. Shame, this is my 4th Legacy Wagon.

I've read bitter complaints elsewhere that Subaru have dropped the wagon in North America. You have my sympathy. One of the great attractions for me is that the Legacy is designed as a wagon, not a sedan with some extra bodywork stitched on.

[​IMG]

The good lady has bought herself a new car too. It's a Mitsubishi EK, badged as a Nissan Otti. It's very nice to drive, light with tidy handling. AWD (of course). A free revving engine, and very civilised inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She uses it for deliveries, so I've made a tray to even up the floor, and protect the interior.

[​IMG]

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

aww that lil car is cute lol. good idea for the floor protector!