1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from Charlotte

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Maestro, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Maestro

Maestro New Member

Got my 1995 Hijet a couple months ago but finally got it registered. It's 2WD and in pretty good shape. Glad this site is around with so much info in one place, look forward to upgrading my Hijet.

Cheers!

-Steve

punimog likes this.
  2. Donnie Hines

Donnie Hines New Member

Hows it going Maestro? I am from eastern NC and saw you post and just wanted to say hi to fellow NC members!
    I just completed purchase on my first truck today and hopefully it will ship from Japan to Newport News in the next month or so.
    Once I get my truck, I will have to look into a road trip as long as I can get it titled and street legal.

3. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Hello Steve,
    I just got a Every Joypop van. Still waiting to tag it. Do you go to the Charlotte Cars and Coffee off of whitehall on the 1st saturdays? Once I get tags I plan on taking the van there occasionally. I've seen a few minitrucks there and some of the vendors have them as well. Where did you get yours? I got mine from Mayberry Minitrucks up in Mt. Airy.

Tim

4. Maestro

Maestro New Member

Hey Tim & Donnie,

I got mine from Mayberry as well. My tags took right around 10 weeks. I haven't gone to Cars and Coffee since I got my truck but maybe I'll run down there sometime. I took my son just to check out cars at one point. I've been having a blast driving mine around. Those vans look cool, if I had room I'd be looking into one of those as well.

-Steve

5. t_g_farrell

The van is a chick magnet. My wife and the women on the street see it, and their like, its so cute. Like its a puppy or something.

Anyway, I have another thread where I'm detailing what I'm doing to get it ready for the world. Right now I just drive it around our neighborhood until I get the title from Mayberry.

I'll let you know when I take the van to C&C. I'll be there this sat in my 80 RX7, another amazing japanese car I've had since 1983, but thats another story.

6. Maestro

Maestro New Member

Yeah keep me posted, I'll swing down there. I'm sure the van is very popular, the one I saw up at Mayberry when I was up there looked great.

7. t_g_farrell

Was it the one in my avatar <----

8. Maestro

Maestro New Member

Definitely could have been. We were there at the end of May, he said he had just gotten it in and was fixing it up for someone.