1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my new Subaru van !!!

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Shedhunter, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

I don't know much about it. Other then I wasn't going to spend what they were wanting for new 4 wheelers so I picked this up for $4k. Gun rack installed already Ac,heat, 2" lift kit, aftermarket tires ,rims and feeder mounted up front. That u control from from a toggle switch on the inside
    Finally got the PICS up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Kitty

Kitty Member

congratz!

I'll be picking mine up tomorrow, what year is yours ?:pop:

3. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

It's 1994 if anyone can post the pics send me your email and I'll send the pics

4. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

You should be able to attach the files directly, but it's a bit confusing... don't use the "insert picture" icon (showing a mountain), it's wanting a weblink from where ever. Use the paperclip icon (directly above the mountain and to the left one space) to attach pictures/files directly from your computer.

Congrats on the new ride.

5. Kitty

Kitty Member

Whoa, is that like a dias classic ?

I never seen a front end like that.

6. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

I have no clue. Just saw it on my hunting forum and bought it

7. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

anyone have any input on my van? goods, bads? what i shuld look out for or keep an eye on?

8. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Definitely an odd looking one for sure!

How many km? If the odometer only has 5 digits you can look around to see if there's an inpection sticker (maybe on the doors or door jams) to try and see if it's rolled over past 100 000km.

Supercharged?
    CVT or manual?
    4WD or 2WD?

The biggest negative of any of these vehicles is that no one in North America (except for the people on this forum) know anything about these things. All the maintenance stuff is the same but the parts are harder to come by.

Find yourself a good service manual for it.

9. Kitty

Kitty Member

I learnt all my Sambar stuff from the manual, once you learn the access points. It's just another car which is really easy to work on!

Did you do some research on Sambars before hand ?

10. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

It's 4x4. Manual. I think I remember seeing 104k KM
    On it. Ac works,heat. Already lifted etc. guy had two other trucks. Used them all in south Texas on the ranches. Well taken care of from what I can tell

11. I think that was a Classic edition I sold a while back. He bought another truck from me, too. Was his name Matt? That was a cool truck. I sold it stock and he did the mods on it. He takes VERY good care of his stuff and has the proper tools and shop to do what he wants to his toys and does it right. Looks great!

12. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

Sounds like I can go to u for parts and help If Needed

13. Sure! I'd be happy to help any way I can.

14. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

Can't I body lift this particular year?

15. I've got a '91 subaru truck with a body lift, so I would assume that you could. I have never done one, but I'm sure it could be figured out. I don't know if anyone makes a kit to do it.

16. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

Can u send any pics of close up? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make. Two big guys up front bottoms mine out at times. Thought of getting stiffer coil springs

17. I'm out of town for a few days. I'll get back to you when I'm back in town.

18. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

Any idea of where i would go to purchase stiffer springs for the front? evenwith the two inch lift, two full grown ( texans) not ( Japanese) lol
    will bottom out in rough terrain. I was wanting to stiffen the front and eventually add another 2" body lift

19. I think Afco makes springs that will work. never done a spring swap on a Subaru, so I haven't taken measurements on the springs. If you search the forum on spring replacement on the struts, there is a great write up on it with info for places to order. I believe that if you do a spring swap in the front, you'll need to raise the back, too.

20. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

Went to G&R for the parts. they had a great Website and super nice people on the phone. Im gonna look into the body lift. just have to get my van on a lift so i can see how much of a pain it will be and if i will have to relocate or extend anything. Thanks again

21. Shedhunter

Shedhunter New Member

Seems like today while driving te sambar in the muddy rainy weather it was pretty hesitant getting up and going. I would have I give some has pedal and play the clutch to get it moving. In 4x4. Was even more of a slug?
    Any advise fr a little
    More pep for these rigs? Anyone ever re geared them? Since we mainly use them on ranches in Texas

22. You might check your air filter - shouldn't be too sluggish. Might be worth a quick tune up - cap, rotor, plugs, air filter, etc. run some SeaFoam through it, too. I've found these are very sensitive to bad fuel - if it sits too long, today's gas just gums up parts.

23. gianna

gianna New Member

I also recently purchased a new car. Scion got my attention because they are very popular for their awesome styling. I already did the research about Scion cars, but I did not know which one I needed specifically. A dealership in Atlanta helped me determine which one was the very best. I'm glad I found Sandy Springs Scion with all the car experts to make sure I'm satisfied with the deal. Scion cars are the sporty-looking ones that will keep you happy. I'm glad I made the right choice. Sandy Springs Scion Atlanta

24. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Thanks spamBOT Sandy! Next time I'm looking for a bland Toyota spin-off I'll keep that in mind. The only Scion that doesn't look like a shoe box is actually a Subaru...

Yes I realize I'm basically just talking to myself here, but I couldn't resist. Bonus points to the spammer for correct spelling and grammar though!

I hit a really large puddle once (didn't realize it was water until it was too late, because the area was so large), after which the engine would stall if I gave it gas too quickly. It sucked some water up somewhere, but I'm not exactly sure where. Eventually it dried up and was okay, but gave me quite a scare. Does it perform well in dry weather?