1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good morning

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Matt B, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Matt B

Matt B New Member

Hello,
    I Have recently purchased a Honda tn acty pick up. It is now my every day runner, which I use for work. I live in West Norfolk in England (U.K). I have been driving it most of the week now and have discovered a knocking/rattle sound on the drivers side. (Uk Offside). Any one have this problem before? What should I be looking for?

Cheers
    Matt B
    P.s I tried uploading pictures but they were too large. How do you shrink them off your phone?

2. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Heya from across the pond!

When does the knocking and rattling happen when you drive? When you turn one way? My first course of action would be to just check if everything around your driver's wheel hub/suspension is not loose. Another (more obvious of course) is your lug nuts... had that issue when my roommate and I forgot to tighten the lugs on one of the rear wheels of a 72 MGB GT. It had what I would have described as a rattling feeling during turns.

I've actually never uploaded on my phone... although sometimes you can make the picture less mega or kilobytes by cropping the picture on your phone and just resaving it. Either that, or uploading to your computer to edit and jut attach it from there.

3. Matt B

Matt B New Member

Hopefully solved the photo issue. Here is my Honda tn acty 87. tmp_13550-20170701_052856-2124x11951897866250.jpg

Tuskano likes this.
  4. Matt B

Matt B New Member

The rattling happens when I pull away and drive at low speed. Seems to lessen as I speed up.

Cheers
    Matt B

5. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Very nice blue! I like the mirrors on that, not the big floppy square ones the newer models have.

Hmm... yea when my roommate and I found it was our lugs, it was when we were going maybe 30mph... yea, I would just check to see if anything is loose first the first step. Maybe another idea is jack up the front and spin the tires and see if they rattle and follow the sound if there is anything.