1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Georgia checking in...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SavannahMini, Dec 5, 2019.

1. SavannahMini

SavannahMini New Member

I'm down on the GA coast and am looking to get into the kei truck/van game. I've been mostly looking at Honda Acty vans as they seem to be easy to work on and the parts aren't totally impossible to find. I've had weird vehicles in the past (RHD Jeep, cab over van), so the weird kei vehicles are right up my alley. I was hoping I could get some input on a few things...

1. I know some people have registered kei trucks in GA. Was it easy to do as an import or easier to go thru a dealer?
    2. I'm going down to FL to test drive a truck, but how would you describe the ride? Is it more like an underpowered truck or a overpowered golf cart?
    I'm hoping to land a vehicle in the next few months and contributing my build here.

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Welcome! I'm on the other side of the state, but imported through Savannah. It was relatively easy, but not super easy. I had to go to the DMV, the local Police to get an inspection form filled out, then back to the DMV to get the license plate. It's more like an underpowered truck if you're driving it on the street. Pretty much like a Kawasaki mule that will carry twice the load offroad.

Attached Files:

3. SavannahMini

SavannahMini New Member

Do you know what form was required for the inspection by law enforcement?

4. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Unfortunately I don't remember. Some sort of "vehicle inspection form" if you could find it online and get it filled out ahead of time, it would save you one trip to the DMV. It has to be filled out by a police officer.