1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel pump?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by aomorisambar, May 26, 2020.

1. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Just picked up a 91 acty, when I turn the key on I can hear the fuel pump go "click, click, click......" and fuel sloshing around in the tank. It starts up and runs great when it hasn't been driven, but after it gets warm, or even a hour after cruising around the block, it starts hard and slugs and/or stalls when pushing on the gas pedal. Do I got a bad fuel pump, or could something else be causing this??

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Sounds like a choke issue. But, go to G&R Imports and go through their trouble shooting guide before you try adjusting the carb. There are a whole slew of things that can cause the problem, and the G&R guide does a good job of working out the issue in a well thought out sequence.

Limestone likes this.
  3. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Thanks jigs, I'll check them out. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this. I've never been one to mess around with carbs though... If that seems to be the issue I may just shell out the cash and take it to a shop.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The problem I had with getting mine worked on was I knew more about how the carb worked, and what needed to be done to make it work right, than any of the local mechanics.

The big problem that I had was finding parts for the carb on my Hijet S110P. But, G&R now has a rebuild kit for it, which helps a lot.

5. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

I could see that as being and issue. Luckily in my case, I'm located in Japan; plenty of parts and well versed kei truck mechanics around.

Limestone likes this.
  6. shogun

shogun Active Member

so you are located in Aomori prefecture in Japan (based on your forum name)? Unfortunately far away where I live in Ibaraki Pref, otherwise we could meet.

7. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Yup, that's where I'm at. Next time I'm down that way I'll let you know, we can grab a beer.

Limestone likes this.
  8. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Jigs, it was indeed a choke issue. The main cause was a bad distributor rotor/cap. Changed out the cap, rotor, wires, and plugs, solved the issue completely.

shogun and Limestone like this.
  9. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I was wondering what you found, if you did solve it. Great news!