1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustration

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by downhere, Jul 29, 2011.

1. downhere

downhere Member

My deck van came across the big pond via Ro Ro. The ship was to port at WWL in Vancouver. I planned my families holidays around this. Going from my hometown just outside of Edmonton Alberta to Sandpoint Idaho, next stop Seattle then to Sydney on Vancouver Island and finally to Vancouver then home. I found out while on holidays that there was a strike at WWL. Anger rising. The Green Dale sat for three days waiting for the strike to end and no luck. So the logical thing would have been to do the drop at Fraser Wharves just down from WWL. Nope instead it went to Tacoma Washington. Starting to see RED. I told my importer that I would pick the van up there if possible. Nope, negative, not is what I was told. The ro ro was unloaded and the vehicles were then loaded onto a different ship. Can you guess what happened next? Yep right back up to Fraser Wharves. Full on rage. At this point my family and I are in Sydney. Still a possibility of picking it up right??? If I had any patience at all it would have been wearing thin. Having no patience at all, I was a RAVING LUNATIC. On the ferry over to Vancouver I had ideas of bribing Canada customs workers to fast track things. I also thought about cutting a hole in the fence. In the end no luck. Fraser wharves has told the importer that the van should be released sometime mid next week. Crap. In my mind I have hyped this van up so much. I hope its all I expect and more. I hope to have it by the 6th or 7th. Sorry for the rant.

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

that sux...on the bright side..it's only a week...but i would be going snakey as well

3. RCCruiser

RCCruiser New Member

I feel that way every time I have to take the ferry, too. :frustration:

4. downhere

downhere Member

Kind of feels like a soap opera! Here's the news ! Fraser Wharves gas been backlogged with vehicles! Two weeks of no news and finally hear that it's ready. The trucking company sends someone to pick up the vehicle and take it to the transit yard to be loaded on a carrier tomorrow. Sounds easy??? The person in question gets to Fraser wharves office and is told that they haven't received payment and only have two out of four of the necessary documents! Neither I or the trucking company can get ahold of the importer!?! Finally after two hours and a bunch frantic emails I get a reply email starting with an " oh this isn't cool"! I'm actually starting to wonder if im living in ab alternate reality.. Supposedly it is the custom brokers fault??? I'm at the point where I'm wondering if the van is even there. I'll give updates as soon as I know but as of right now I'm on the warpath...

5. downhere

downhere Member

The deck van has been picked up from Fraser Wharves and will be in Edmonton on Monday! Unless the truck spontaniously combusts or hits a buss load of nuns I will have it monday afternoon:) pics to come

6. vtg

vtg Member

Nice to know it's finally on it's way to you. I can't wait to see some pics of it.