1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frames & POR-15

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Alix King, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Alix King

Alix King New Member

Looking at coating the frame with POR-15 while waiting for some other parts... a few questions for the community:

#1. Recommendations for POR15 application - use the cleaner, prep & then paint?
    #2. A quart does 2 coats at 50sq ft. - enough for the frame?
    #3. POR then bedliner?

Guess I should also ask, are there other products people like more? The rubberized spray for wheel wells?

2. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

What condition is your frame in?

3. Alix King

Alix King New Member

Overall not that bad... def surface rust, esp around welds. Trying to upload a photo...

*edit* hmm... maybe i dont have enough posts to upload a photo yet. gonna go read the faq

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  4. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Mine has minor rust near the weld and I plan to wire wheel as best as I can. Then I will use rust converter on the remaining rust I cant get out. And I plan to finish everything with epoxy primer.

5. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member

Por-15 is good, but remember it’s very toxic to spray, so it has to be brushed on! Eastwood makes some great products for the frame and underbody and stop rust, but I do like por-15 body filler and stop rust. https://www.eastwood.com/