1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External fuel filter for u62t

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Jason Thorell, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Jason Thorell

Jason Thorell New Member

Hey,

what are everyone’s thoughts on adding a fuel filter, as there is nothing other than the sock before the pump.

something small and cheap, or get a small filter from a subaru, ford, etc?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Limestone likes this.
  3. werase643

werase643 Member

i went to rock auto and found a super cheeeeeep metal fuel filter for a ???? 73 toyota corolla........ they were $0.43 each... bought 6

4. Jason Thorell

Jason Thorell New Member

so my U62 is fuel injected, and the fuel pressure regulator is in the tank, so if I add an inline fuel filter, it may mess with the injector pressure?

5. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of adding an extra fuel filter! I can't see how an extra fuel filter, that is maintained, by changing on a regular basis,(keeping it clean), could hurt your fuel pressure, or flow! I do understand, that if you use the wrong size filtered microns,(size of meshed screen), that would create a problem, but the filters that Jig's suggested are fuel specific filters!Remember, just by not keeping your steel gas tank full, and going from, cold outside into a warm garage, barn, etc... Can create problems, rust and corrosion, down the road, over a period of time, not good! My unit, I inherited, sat for a long time, it was beyond bad! Clean fuel, handled properly, in and out, sure does eliminate a lot of problems and aggravation!:) I've stated before on this site, that I am s firm believer in quality fuel, along with fuel additive's to keep moisture down in your tank and system! I use marine, (blue) Stabile in all of my small engine's, and I've had real good luck with Lucas fuel treatment in my two everyday driving vehicles for my wife and I both! Some people, on this site, run high octane fuel! Another good idea!(preventative maintenance) I have seen way too many vehicles have problems, over the yrs., just from moisture, in tanks! Remember water is heavier than fuel, my mini has a drain plug at the bottom of the tank, that sits in a little depressed area for easier, draining! A little never seize on the threads, will keep the threads fresh, for easy removal, and re installation! Good luck, Stay Healthy!
    Limestone