1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extension Letters received

Discussion in 'EPA Regulations' started by GR.mike, Feb 13, 2009.

1. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Who here has received their letter? I know awhile ago it was stated that ony 2 importers had.

We have since received our letter :D:D:D:D.

For those looking to find a new importer if there company has decieded to stop or if their company has not received their letter yet. I thought it would be nice to have a spot to look for a new importer for those. On a side note we are getting very close to finalizing the letter of conformity (awaiting the EPA to settle on what all they actually want). We do not want to rush into something and end up being confused about what we got.

2. Hey Mike, we got ours about a month ago, only other place I know of was highway 79 in Texas

3. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Congrats on that Freemont!! I know that we are excited abou it. How is it working out for you have you brought anything in yet? Where are you located?

That makes 3 importers. I hope that is not all that have received there stuff. Well, kinda hope that could be good for the 3 companies.;)

4. DAVID-O

DAVID-O New Member

Extension Received

Just wanted to let everyone know that we received the EPA extension this week. Several companies have received it and hopefully many more will.

First time posting but I know many of you already.
    Thank you for your support!

David Okamoto (David-O)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
  5. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Congrats to you as well :D! and welcome to the forum!

6. DAVID-O

DAVID-O New Member

Thanks Mike. I was talking to your friend Bob Jones of JDM Equipment yesterday at the Ag show here in CA.

Mighty-Milt - www.minitruckdealer.com is a sponsor on the forum for a while now. Is that different from a supporting member???

7. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Yeah he is a crazy guy isn't he.

8. DAVID-O

DAVID-O New Member

Epa Extension

Nice to know that we were a supporting member after all.

As far as I know there are 7 companies with the approved extension including us.

Check out our 100+ mini trucks inventory in Los Angeles, CA at www.minitruckdealer.com

David Okamoto-manager
    www.minitruckdealer.com
    YAMAGIN CORP.
    Sales 310-498-4465/310-210-8108

9. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I know of two more of my clients going for extentions. One already has an extention and has imported. The other two are importing this week.

10. texasnativeson

texasnativeson New Member

Extensions

Five of my clients now have their extensions, and two more applications are pending. Now that we have a grip on the extensions, does anyone know how many letters of compliance have been issued?

steve_nagoya likes this.
  11. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

12. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I have heard that there are about 20 US based importers with extentions.

13. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

thanks

Is any one importing mini trucks or there is new EPA law, please advice,
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  14. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Is any other importer applying for extentions? Do the extentions finish in Jan 2010 or do they go for 365 days from the date of issue? I know there is also a limit to the number of trucks allowed under the extention.

15. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

not Really

I am not sure how many are applying,
    the extention on the old trucks or only new trucks, please advice,
    if old that mean no need to comply EPA rules,
    also do we still have to fix the limiter,
    hope to have more info, with Thanks,

16. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Hiro, the question wasn't directed at you so you don't have to continue posting. I was asking other importers in the US.

17. texasnativeson

texasnativeson New Member

To date, nine of my clients have applied for and received their extensions. The extensions apply ONLY to model years 2003 and older - these are engine families that have never been previously certified. They must still be speed limited to 25MPH in order to comply with E.P.A. emissions standards than have been on the books for years. What the "new" regulations are dealing with are the procedures for certifying previously uncertified engine families.