1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethanol in a Kei...?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by PGPfan, Jul 16, 2008.

1. BillinOregon

BillinOregon Member

92- nonblended

she runs great. I also use the marine version of Stabil. It's very wet here during the winter.

2. BillinOregon

BillinOregon Member

Also

For the government conspiracy theorists. In Oregon I think we have a state mandated 10% Ethanol. It has received a lot of bad press – esp. on the small engine front. Lot of damage to mowers, chainsaws and weed eaters. It seems the state put a law in place without understanding the consequences. They are in the process of re-thinking it. From a free market choice standpoint I have had no problem finding non-blend fuel. Any station near a marina might have it. It’s higher octane and does cost more. Not a huge amount more. I am switching all of my equipment over to it. Nothern Tool carries several portable pumps – I am going to purchase one soon.

3. vanroth

vanroth New Member

Well said!!

PGP,
    You would probably need to start with changing the fuel lines and a basic rejet (and probably turn up the fuel pump). However since these trucks are already low on power, E85/E100 on the stock motor is only going to make it that much slower.