1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPA certification

Discussion in 'EPA Regulations' started by fremontminitrucks, Sep 18, 2009.

  1. I'll repost here, I forgot we had an EPA secetion:
    Hello everyone,
    As the deadline gets closer we receive more and more inquiries on certification testing. Here's what's up so far, currently at the lab are U42T, S110P, KS4, and DD51T. Up next will be U62T, DA63T, S210P, and TT2. Once certifications for these engines are complete the facility we used is going to make certs available to everyone interested in the continuing to import mini trucks on a per cert basis.

    This plan makes it much less cost prohibitive to get testing complete as it will require NO UP FRONT OUT OF POCKET cash. You simply buy the certs as you have orders for your trucks. Instead of spending thousands of dollars in testing we are only going to purchase certs as we have orders, this way we're not setting on thousands of dollars in testing costs waiting for the economy to bounce back. This is going to be available to everyone whose an importer, just purchase the certs as you have orders, nothing up front out of pocket.

    Total details of how the program is going to be implemented are still being finalized but as we draw closer to the deadline I felt everyone should know what options are going to be available. If you want any further details you can send me a PM or give me a call.


    Making a late addition here to address some PMs.
    Yes certs will be available to anyone who wants to continue importing and am most definitely interested in working with anyone who wants to assist in gathering vehicle info, engine info, anything else, etc. Right now it's just a few of us working on it and with the number of models we're trying to cover it's a LOT of work so please contact me if you would like to help:D
  2. S.Hiro

    S.Hiro Member


    Hello all,
    Kindly advice how can I export trucks from Japan to USA,
    there is 1 buyer want to buy a container of any model trucks,
    1990 and up, But what is the rule of EPA now,
    please help me out,
    thanks in advance & Regards
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  3. S.Hiro

    S.Hiro Member

    re-EPA Certificate

    Hello Doug,
    that is good work,
    I have buyers some time and may we need your help to give direction to my importer and instruction to me how shall I export mini trucks from Japan & Philippines, please contact me from my web site for your charges,
  4. o8k

    o8k Member

    Will these certs be available to private owners as well?
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  5. Ironraven

    Ironraven Active Member

    Yeah, I'd be interested to know if this would apply to people who currently own minis that are already in the country.
  6. gotcha12

    gotcha12 New Member

    epa certifation

    how can i start getting epa certifation for the mini trucks
  7. gotcha12

    gotcha12 New Member

    where can i apply

    where can i apply for the cert for the epa on the mini trucks
  8. I think it's a bit more complicated than just applying for the certification
  9. If me, I'd prove myself to one of the existing vendors and run under their terms etc. Seems to be less of a hassle unless you are dead set to go solo. I just thought this PDF gives you an idea that its just not a one day process. Plus, pending how your particular State views this, you may be in for a 'Dealership' and all that goes with that. Don't leave yourself open, spend sometime and ask questions - EPA, existing dealers, and State....otherwise, fines may find you.

    Yes, complicated and their are many paths.
  10. All you have to do is fill out the online form now. It is really easy. Anyone can get a EPA certificate on anything. Oh, there is just one other small detail really, you should know about the. . . well . . you know . . . the check that you have to write.

    So really, there is just two things to do. One fill out the online form and then write the check.

    That's it. It is soooo EASY. Anyone can do it.

    LOL Just kidding. It's really a good amount of work.

    Fremont Trucks seems to have a good system. They pay the lab a set fee for each truck and then they are done with the charges.

    Gung Ho Trucks can bring in Daihatsu and Suzuki trucks. We also charge a set fee.

    G&R is the same as Fremont.

    Yamagin brings them in and will sell to anybody.

    Frackin exchange rate is terrible. In three years time the yen has gone up about 30 percent. Ugh!

    Good luck to you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2010
  11. gotcha12

    gotcha12 New Member

    so how can it be done and how much is it
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2010
  12. F. Reynolds

    F. Reynolds New Member

    What is the name and contact for this lab selling the certs?
  13. F. Reynolds

    F. Reynolds New Member

    Does anybody know if the lab ever did the work?
    Is the service real???
  14. F Reynolds...

    I don't want to assume too much, but if you are serious ... contact & give one of the vendors a phone call.

    Gung Ho Trucks and fremontminitrucks have fielded alot of my questions and I feel they are straight forward and want to help out within reason. And, its a business ... so that is part of the picture too.


  15. GR.mike

    GR.mike Member

    the testing facility did actually do testing. I have visited the lab and talked to them and seen results. The testing facilty is really easy and will allow anyone to use the cert. The fee is not too bad depending on a few things. You will have use an approved upfit facility either in Japan or the US. If you would like more details let me know I can try to have the testers contact you.
  16. F. Reynolds

    F. Reynolds New Member

    A fair point, Norm.

    But the opening post did say things like "the facility we used is going to make certs available to everyone" ... so I just assumed there would be a follow-up.

    Is the name of this facility a secret or something? :)
  17. eviled

    eviled New Member

    Excuse me for butting in. I just discovered Minitrucks and I haven't read through much of the forum yet. I would love to buy one of these things to commute my 6 miles to work especially in the winter. My BMW is useless in the snow.

    What's with the emissions problem? Put a catalytic converter on them like any other vehicle. I realize they don't have airbags, crumple zones, etc in order to go on the highway. But my motorcycle is 600ccs, 80+ hp and it doesn't have any emission requirements. I think the future of this type of vehicle is a re-design, not importing used ones. Small cars and trucks are the norm in Japan and ALL over Europe. Roll bars like a Jeep, airbags, and a nice, de-tuned 600-1000cc Honda engine of the CBR mill with an appropriate gearbox and there ya go. That's all I want. I don't need a super delux F-450 extended dick- dually-diesel lane hog that I would never be able to find a spot for in the city at 12MPG type of truck. I just need to pick up some **** at Home Depot sometimes. Yes?

Share This Page