1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English Version Mitsubishi MiniCab & Bravo Available

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Donald Andrews, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

so there is more to come ie; fuel & engine-drive line?

3. Hello,

Yes there will be more in the Mitsubishi Series but James’s schedule is rather busy at this time with a book on how to start an International Import-Export Business. Interesting and I suspect it may include insights to the Japanese car import-export business (he wouldn’t say). After meeting with him yesterday he said he would proceed with the following book publishing schedule.

1989~1998 Suzuki Parts Manual
    1999~2004 Suzuki Parts Manual
    1999~Newer Suzuki Service Manual
    1999~2005 Daihatsu Service Manual
    1990-1998 Mitsubishi Service Manual

He did not provide a publishing date at this time. I’ll inform everyone as I receive updates.

Cheers,
    Don

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  4. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

are these manuals for RHD?

5. Hello,
    yes they are for RHD. LHD vehicles were never made.
    Cheers,
    Don

6. slimbad

slimbad Member

LHD vehicles

Don, I can't think of any kei manufacturer that didn't make LHD versions of their vehicles. Not for JDM use - but in export versions to countries (~170) that have right-hand traffic patterns. Also cooperatively with other manufacturers in various countries there were LHD's.

Most of the vehicles that we (U.S. military) drove on Okinawa (mid 1970's) were LHD Japanese vehicles. These were built in mainland Japan and exported to Oki where everyone drove on the right until 30 Jul 78, at which time all traffic on Oki switched (at midnight) to driving on the left lanes - very interesting transition. My wife's car was a LHD Mitsubishi galant (identical to her first "U.S." car a Dodge colt). My ride was a LHD Subaru minivan 360cc 2cyl 2-stroke. Similar to this:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/360.html

All of this is just FYI trivia....but anyway.......later, slim:)

Posted on behalf of the few of us that drive leftys.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  7. Hi Slim,

Yes I see we are talking very “Old School (1950’s~1973)” and not main stream of today. Okinawa was a very special place after WW2 and the Americans made it LHD unlike Japan (Mainland) RHD. Okinawa was US Military controlled (still is basically) but after the official hand back to Japan everything changed back to RHD. All those “Old LHD” if still around are worth a lot of money. Your wife’s LHD Mitsubishi Gallant would bring $10,000 easily in Tokyo today if one the old Okinawa versions could be found. The old Subaru 360’s are still buzzing around Tokyo-Yokohama even today.

Cheers,
    Don

8. Dan

Dan Member

Mitsubishi & Daihatsu were sending them over (lhd kei trucks) by the boatload up to about 1995 when trade agreements went sour. I scooped up all that i could get when that happened. i ended up with ten dump bodys @ 9k each

9. Hi Dan,
    what were they called? Sure would like to see a picture of one. This is interesting as I called Mitsubishi and they know nothing about it. Where they made in Japan or imported from a different country?
    Cheers,
    Don

10. Dan

Dan Member

Don,

They were called "MIGHTY MITS" and "HIJET" the mitsubishi models were U14d, U14t, U14L, U15D, U15T, U15L. The 14's were 2wd and the 15's were 4x4 all lefty's They all have the 550 (3g81) motors, extra high roof and fenders flared out. I don't have the data for the daihatsu's but they came with the same options and one more which was topless. cut off at the dash and the tops of the seats. Theres pictures in my gallery and an american manual link posted in the reference section of the mitsubishi thread, that i've been adding to a little at a time. Here's a picture...
    http://www.minitrucktalk.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/641/size/big/cat/

Dan

11. Hi Dan
    I see no plates, so they were sold as "Off Road"? The other interesting point is you mentined sold until 95 but with a 550cc engine? 550cc engines went out here in Japan back in 1989. I wrang my buddy at Mitsubishi HQ here in Japan and he still cant find any details on these trucks. Any chance of getting a VIN plate shot? It might have a special order code on it. Love the door bars!
    Cheers,
    Don

12. Dan

Dan Member

yea, no plates. off road sale to a golfcourse. I couldn't get a readable shot of the plate tonight. but the #'s on it are " U15Dqhfml2m" for the model # there is another # stamped on the body under the seat that reads "UOOTAU003815"

we ordered about half of them with the safri doors and ended up taking off the full doors on the others eventually. no A/C and the crew was really hard on the doors anyway.

13. rynow

rynow Member

Mitsubishi Manuals Question

has anyone bought this manual?

I think I'd rather have a general service manual.
    then get an electrical one if needed.

Does this electrical one have any general stuff in it?
    Like where the sensor for my tailgate door is on my van?
    the light stays on and I need to adjust the latch.

I don't want to buy a 40$ manual that isn't gonna help me
    with general stuff.

any info would be great.

Thanks

14. auburn17

auburn17 New Member

Does anyone know where I could find a service manual for a 1989 Mits Minicab truck? I have the 3G81 engine in my truck, but all of the manuals I am finding are for the 3G83....

15. Dan

Dan Member

16. jsbill

jsbill New Member

Mitsubishi service manual

I've got a 2000 Mini Cab with the U62 engine. Would this manual be of any benefit?

17. Bluebiller

Bluebiller New Member

Atten: Don Andrews

Thanks for posting up the info on the mitsubishi service manual. I ordered it on the 16th and recieved it today(1/19/10 ). Very impressed! I really didn't expect to recieve it this fast....good company to deal with. I don't think I will do much work on the truck,but it makes me feel good about being able to hand this manual to the boy's in the shop that do my repairs. I think I will get the cost back by being able to save labor time.....Thanks again. Anybody out there have a source on brush guards? I have seen a lot of them on the site here and have some good ideas...Thinking about going to a muffler shop and see if they could make something up....something strong but light.:)

18. Glad you enjoy the manual! The Mitsubishi manual is the biggest every produced. We also carry all the OEM parts for all Mitsubishi Trucks-Pajero-Jeeps.

Cheers,
    Don

19. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

I check often

I have a 99 U62T, they keep getting closer (it looks like they are up to 1998 now).

Keep up the good work and maybe I will get my hands on one.

20. Bigtexx6513

Bigtexx6513 New Member

Mitsubishi Mighty Mits U14T

We have a Mitsubishi Mighty Mits U14T that we use at work and I'm in serious need for some parts. I believe its an 89 model. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have picture of the truck and the stamps and plates.

Thanks!

21. Dan

Dan Member

Another lefty, welcome!

what parts are you looking for? there are many resourseful vendors and members here. some of your parts are still floating around at the mitsubishi dealerships here in the US. a few of us have the lefty service manuals and parts books for that year so, give a shout out.

22. Bigtexx6513

Bigtexx6513 New Member

Parts

I'm just looking for parts in general. Anything from the body to the engine. More importantly right now, I'm in need of the ball joint that holds the gear shifter in place. I don't know the best way to describe it, but if anyone wants to email me some places to find parts I can email picture of truck and what I part I need. Thanks again!

23. sbc

sbc New Member

Mini truck parts

Donald,
    Could you post your mailing address on here,or point me to which of the adds is for your company. Since I don't do credit cards I can't order on line, I had a friend to send for your manual for my 91 mit today, a gal knocked off my left tail light yesderday and will need a lense for it, I'm sure I will be looking for other stuff later. Thanks, Robert