1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Replacement 93 Carry DD51t

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Kyle Lamb, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Kyle Lamb

Kyle Lamb New Member

Hey all,

So I've been tinkering with my Carry for the past few months to try to solve it's rich condition. I think I discovered the problem - degraded air filter, which to my untrained eye looked just fine but apparently was all broken apart within the layers. Anyway not enough air was coming through.

But now more problems are rearing. Because it ran this way for awhile there's signs of the engine being worn out. Some knocking and stuff happening. Probably because the walls were washed.
    I could have my local mechanic open it up (this is beyond my skill level) but that seems costly with trying to find all the parts, etc. But thinking it might be best to replace the engine all together.

Wondering if you know of any places that sell engines for the DD51T model?
    https://yokohamamotors.net/suzuki-carry-rebuilt-engine-da51t-db51t-da51t-dd51t-details.html is one. And going to try calling the folks at G&R Imports as well. But any other ideas you might have please shoot them over!

As always, thanks for your help!

kyle

2. Kirk B

Kirk B Member

Just getting to road test mine. got this engine.i went down this rabbit hole(JDM) instead of getting rebuilt kit(CHINA) WANTED TO KEEP MINE AS MUCH JDM AS POSSIBLE. i didnt want china parts in any running gear if possible. will post pix soon of inside engine. i say it was the right way for me. leaking oil,WORN OUT CAMSHAFT,ETC, add up cost plus shop cost,china parts against factory reman engine.they know what they are building OEM PARTS. ;) TRUCK odometer read about 80k i think this engine/tranny had 250k or more believe it was a junk yard swap out. this truck will also see A TURBO SOON. i know i have a strong engine now. if you go this route remember also : hoses,tstat, belts,vaccume lines,etc. clean and repaint parts also good time to replace clutch assy. also lot of $$$$ but if you are going to keep it like me better in the long run.