1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine flush?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by jwetovick, Mar 22, 2012.

1. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Last night I was taking a good once over on the ol 95 mits and took the oil cap off and put my finger in there and took a swipe too see how much sludge I could notice. Well.......it seems there is a decent film of sludge built up. My question is and its been asked 100 times but would it be worth doing some kind of flush or additive? I know there are tons of websites debating this topic but I'm looking for someone with some experience using it on mini trucks. Thanks

2. El Ventu

El Ventu Member

Use a 5W-40 good diesel oil.
    Diesel oil have a ot of cleaning-efficiency becouse of all the carbon coming from the combustion chamber.
    I suggest to you to use that oil for a short period, and if you can, changing two times the oil filter to avoid problems from clogging.
    Then you can use a diesle oil for everyday use.

Cleaning a very dirt engine with a flush can move too much dirt and can clog your filter...and when the filter is clogged, the bypass valve in it opens, sending pure **** to your lubrication system...

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I agree..diesel oil will clean it more safely than a flush if it is really dirty/sludgy

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Alabama Blow job.

The boys are right. Clean it slowlyyy...

You're thinking of blowing all that crud out of your engine in one go. You think it's just going to magically relocate to the filter? It will work, but what your talking about is blowing 10years of crud through the journals, in one go. Don't do it. Period.

Not to mention the filter by-pass but, switching to a 5w20 for the life remainder will slowly clear the crap out of there. May smoke though, for a few 100k...

EDIT...Sorry, what I mean precisely;
    Put this stuff in and change filter every 1000k until smoking stops. Non-bypass X2 size is better but...is that what you want? The 5w20, it will smoke until clean but it will clean the engine slowlyyy...

Quaker State[SUP]®[/SUP] Ultimate Durability™ Full Synthetic motor oil is our best weapon against wear. No leading synthetic motor oil provides better protection from friction-related wear than Quaker State[SUP]®[/SUP] Ultimate Durability™.*

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  5. fupabox

Just a note to piss a few people off..local Walmart had 5 litre jugs of synthetic "G-oil" 10-40 $5 a jug...woohoo...took all they had :)

6. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Holy crap. I never come across deals like that.

I would have taken all they had as well.

7. fupabox

Lol yeah I had the proverbial rectal horseshoe that day...here's the other stuff that I got at ridiculous prices from them that day and a few I didn't cause they were gone...all 12 1 litre bottles of Penzzoil 20-50 at $1 a bottle..4 tires for my Miata $24.50 each..a $90 rubbermaid type garage wall cabinet $12.50 set of 4 stanley wood chisels regularly $23 for $2.80 a $40 bernzomatic butane torch/soldering iron $6.97....just missed the $50 Skill 14.4 cordless drills..for $3.50 ??? honestly..I woulda bought all they had...and the $40 Skill 1/4 sheet palm sander (again all gone) was blown out at $4.99
    Seems you should ask the automotive/tool dept guy at your local Wally mart if there are any crazy blow outs because they don't advertise them and don't put a big easy to see tag out..just a regular label you might not even notice....he said it's to keep 1 person from scooping it all Lol...ooops

8. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

would 15w40 work?

9. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Rotella

I put in some rotella 15 40 to run for summer. I did use some sea foam for 30 minutes before oil change but didnt seem to do much at all. We will see if the rotella will help.