1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emergency Brake Light

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by ArXane, Jul 23, 2019.

1. ArXane

ArXane New Member

Should I have an emergency brake light on the console? I get nothing when I pull the brake. I have tried searching here and Facebook groups but only see where a light stay on. I see what I believe is to be one when I turn on ignition for a brief second. So if it's supposed to have one. Where would I look for a switch to trace it out? I don't see any switches at the handle.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

In the dash cluster you should find what looks like a circle within a circle that should come on when you first turn the key on. This will indicate Low Brake Fluid, the Park Brake on, or a malfunction creating a unbalance between front & rear brakes. Have not had a problem with mine so have not tried o locate the switch.

Fred

3. native

native Member

My left rear cylinder is shot and the brake light comes on because of low fluid, need to replace brake shoes in rear and cylinders clips for the shoes and pins are gone also

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Pull the center console out, it's not too hard. Under it, you'll be able to see the switch and the wire. If the switch is good, it's probably the bulb being out