1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electric fan?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Richard H. Blount, Oct 4, 2007.

1. has anyone out there ever removed the fan and replaced it an electric fan on the radiator?

2. muddyehr

muddyehr New Member

did you find a fan?

did you end up finding an electric fan for your truck? and if so what did you use?

3. I have been looking, I have a suitable fan from an old Saab 900, but am still working on the thermostatic switch. I haven't installed anything yet. Health issues have kept me out of the shop, so the little feller is still in the barn awaiting my recovery. My son has been running it about and changing the oil on my schedule. (I hope, at least he says he is). :rolleyes:

4. Krazy Ken

Krazy Ken New Member

I know this thread is very old but i have decided to convert to a electric fan as i think it will keep it much cooler; and who knows going electric could free up as much as .7264 of a horsepower :p. I just finnished building the shroud and getting the fan attached so maybe tomorrow after work i can get it wired up and installed. I hooked it up to a battery and it seems to pull ALOT more CFM than the belt driven fan. Oh and i know the shroud looks funny but 10" fan is the smallest we carry at work and i didn't feel like ordering one off the internet. Click on picture for better viewing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011