1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay carberators

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Zachary Rutledge, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Zachary Rutledge

Zachary Rutledge New Member

Has anyone used one of the eBay carberators is it better to rebuild mine then get one of the eBay ones? My truck is a 1993 Suzuki carry

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Haven't had anything to do with the carbs on the Kei vehicles but for a bit of info only I will post this. Some years ago when I lived in the states, I used to play around with VWs to quite an extent. A couple of times I did purchase new carbs off ebay and it turned out that they were chinese made clones of the original carbs that were on VWs. They did appear to be the same but did not function the same as OEMs. I did get one to work with some mods but there was one that never came close to working properly and in frustration it wound up being adjusted to death with a hammer. Just a word of caution. A rebuild by a known rebuilder will get good results.

Fred

3. Zachary Rutledge

Zachary Rutledge New Member

Sweet thank-you just thought I would ask before buying one

4. BubbaScrum

BubbaScrum New Member

I purchased one recently. It's working great for now!

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Bringing this back up. The carbs available now may be OK. As I mentioned, it was at least 8 years ago when I had the experiences referenced. If others had some of the same experiences, they probably went out of business and the carbs now available may be a whole new ball game. You might ask if they are Chinese manufactured or not, then again maybe the clones have been improved to where they work properly. I guess its a case of You pay your money & You take your chances on them.

Fred