1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving distance

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Windmill, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Windmill

Windmill Member

Just wondering what is the farthest that anyone has driven their mini? And at what speed.:pop:

2. jtpc

jtpc Member

I went about 45 miles (one way) one time. Drove at 55-60mph. Worked alright because of the roads I was able to take.

3. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

200km round trip down a secondary hiway..... Know your roads before making a trip in your little trucks. A little bump in a half ton is an eye opening experience in a mini!!!

4. cabinmini

cabinmini Member

Hey Tinytoy
    You must have crossed over the border into Alberta. I heard that there aren't any bumps in the road on the Saskatchewan side:D.
    So far my longest trip has been 3hrs/250kms when I first got the truck. Like Tiny I stuck to the 2 lane roads to try to avoid the traffic. Since then I have had to drive on some 4 lane highways but it really hasn't been an issue. Hey I've even passed a few slowpokes:rolleyes:. We'll see when the traffic picks up around here in the summer time.
    Jim

5. confuzed

confuzed Member

3 hour round trip to Calgary twice now. Got brave second time coming home jumped on the QE2 no problems keeping up only problem was the pinhead in the next lane speeding up n slowing down to take pix.Almost caused a wreck turned off at the next off ramp for a calmer drive. Next week it is a road trip to Edmonton goin to try the QE 2 again........... A bump in Sask.????? how on earth did you hit it? you had to have seen it coming up for miles

6. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Here in Saskatchewan, Secondary hi way is P.C. for travel at your own risk!
    Most secondary roads would be called goat trails anywhere else! 160,000 km of roads/99490 miles!! Enough roads to stretch around the equator 4x

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  7. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

cabinmini obviously has never been to saskatchewan!! lol sask has the most roads per capita in canada and they are not well maintained...

8. max ofindiana

max ofindiana New Member

longest trip ive taken in my 1993 mitsi is 520 miles round trip all on 2-lane roads. also at 50 mph i like to baby my mitsi. i have 13 inch tires and i get around 36 miles per gal. i drive mine every day and get around 35 mpg. i kinda liken the ride like a motorcycle. i have had mine 2 yrs and have put on 8000 miles later max e. egolf:cool:

9. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i did a couple 100 mile round trip drives running around 130-140kph

10. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Our Subaru van drove over 20,000kms in 68 days. London to Japan via Europe, Mongolia and Russia...

11. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Max,
    How'd you do that, if they're not "road legal"?

12. confuzed

confuzed Member

I call mine half a harley to the boys at work they love thier bikes and it is about half the size of a harley engine but......... i can drive in snow, rain , cold I have heat don't eat bugs don't need a helmet lol and best of all..... it needs fewer repairs ha:D :eek:

13. max ofindiana

max ofindiana New Member

one of the guys wondered how i was driving my mini on the roads if there were not legal in indiana. i have had mine plated for the last two years as a legal truck. i understand that as of right now there arent plateing any. although there is a bill in indy. to releive that dont know what the statis is right know sure hope i can continue to drive im good for another year maybe they will have something passed by then later guys max e. egolf:)

14. confuzed

confuzed Member

Longest trip yet,last week went to Edmonton for a union convention 277 kilometers up and 287 kilometers back round trip of 564 kilometers < 350.5 miles> ( over two seperate days) I was surprized at the milage as everyone said would be bad on the highway drove up at about 95 k's an hour return had a bit of a tail wind and tired hard :rolleyes:to stay at 95 so was about 100- 110 k's an hour. Trip cost about 45 canadian dollars Purchased 48.69 liters of fuel <10.71 CDN Gal. - 12.86 US Gal.> My calculation is 32.72 MPG CDN / 27.25 MPG US:D:confused:

15. confuzed

confuzed Member

Oh yes Sask. has nothing on Edmonton roads grrrrrrr could lose my truck in some of the potholes. DO NOT DRIVE IN CURB LANE. Only saw one mini in Edmonton and it looked like it was parked for the winter.