1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge neon 2.0/ 3 speed Auto/ Carry

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Little Digger, Aug 13, 2011.

1. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Yea, that's some pretty nice work there!

Now everyone knows how to make the track spacers properly. I wouldn't have thought of doing it that way, but I guess that you had to, cu'z of the hubs. I think it's a better design, hubs or not. Was that from a single billet?

The anti rotations, from what I can see there are better than factory design. WAY better. :cool:

[​IMG] smiley_anim_we_are_not_worthy.gif

2. Little Digger

Little Digger Member

The trasnsformation to somthing badder!

spaner; I didn't have much choice in the design , bolt pattern's are close to the same diameter and the 3 1/2 inch spacing for the hubs. Mattrack used small stud's to mount the track to the spacer, I wanted more ! I used 1/2" grade 8 bolt's tapped in the spacer and run from the inside out, it's not going to pull out! The spacer is made of three peaces, machined to .010 forced fit inside the other, press fit in a 50 ton press, then welded. the center of the spacer is machined to a sliding fit tight over the flange of the hub, I wanted it to center the spacer and to support some of the weight, not the lug stud's. The spacers were put back in the lathe to check for warp from welding, they all looked good. I did all the welding in the press to keep it all tight together. The anti rotation devices took some thinking. the ones Mattrack made for the Carry showed week spots that were bending some of the braces. I used alot heaver steel, larger grade 8 bolts and braced the 3/4" pivot bolt into double shear. The full HYDRO steering will turn the tracks on flat hard ground stopped NO effort!! NO problem !!!! Ya can't do that with a stock Carry !! I had to tighten up the bypass valve on the rear steer to get it to do the same. It's a lot better now! more power, auto trans. full hydro steer, lockers F/R, the stock Carry just had a hell of a time with the tracks, it wasn't a lot of fun. NOW it just does any thing ya ask with no fighting. kei truck 204.jpg This pix is the truck with the Cj axles the next is the stock Carry not a lot of difference in the appearance but a lot in the performance.

Attached Files:

JoshT likes this.