1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMV Tips and Necessary Forms

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Ashnkooshe, May 12, 2017.

1. Ashnkooshe

Ashnkooshe New Member

After 4 tries at the DMV, here are the forms I was required to have to get my truck registered in Nevada. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything but this info would have been helpful to me in the beginning cause I only had a couple of the necessary papers.

Emissions exemption form given by the people at the VIN inspection and emissions testing center. There was only one DMV in town that did this. They had to look at the papers and my truck and decide it was exempt. They didn't care about the papers I had stating it was exempt. They will give you a VIN inspection paper to take inside the DMV.

Export certificate - Translated from dmv official translator. The translator has to have a "T Number."

Japanese purchase order from Japanese company to the importer. It must have the Japanese address on it. If it is still in Japanese, it will also need to be translated.

Purchase order from importer to you. No hand written bill of sale would be accepted.

Statement of facts signed by importer.

Form 7501 - entry summary

It seems like they REALLY wanted to deny me in any way they could. I don't think I would have ever succeeded if I couldn't get the importer to come with me the 4th time.

If I could do it over again with all of the relevant paperwork, I wouldn't let them know all of the papers I had until they asked because it really seemed like they were trying to figure out how to stop me next. When 4 people are gathered around the papers scratching their heads and then they all perk up and look happy as the lady comes over to say, "Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to complete this today without ......" Even the importer noticed something seemed off and like they were trying really hard to "win."

Rant over. Make sure you have those papers, hand them the translated export certificate and original and just keep waiting for them to ask for more things. If they have to go back n forth 5 times maybe they'll stop trying to win and just give in. Most of them don't enjoy standing up. lol

Good luck!!

Acerguy likes this.
  2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for posting this here as well as on the FB group. It can be searchable hopefully help other folks out in the future! :)

Ashnkooshe likes this.
  3. Ashnkooshe

Ashnkooshe New Member

No problem! Together we can fight the evil DMV and win! Haha