1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Front Hitch for DD51B

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by sourcequench, Jan 15, 2023.

1. sourcequench

sourcequench New Member

Not sure if this was a bright idea or not, but I spent a bunch of time crafting a front hitch for my machine. I saw others that were available, but had concerns about whether they'd actually work - and I wanted it to be inconspicuous and modify the bumper cover as little as possible. Took a few weekends and a bunch of fiddling to get things to fit, but eventually I got there. Pictures are fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm, I don't seem to be clever enough to sort out how to embed these images, but here is an album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nvPUiRGpgJQ7vBMk8[​IMG]

I don't have an intended use straight away, but if I can find a used light-duty atv plow I may try to rig something up.

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Looks like you thought it out pretty good. I think it will work fine fastened to the frame.
    I'm sure that your gonna clean the Radiator while it's exposed.
    Nice job!
    Limestone

3. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

Nicely done! Looks professional!

4. sourcequench

sourcequench New Member

Thanks. I was looking at some plows, but they are so, so expensive. I may make my own plow as it just needs to be better than my current riding mower plow solution I think I could put something together without spending a month doing it. Seems a lot of folks use BlackLine plows, but holy smokes the benefit is not worth that steep cost.

I happen to have a dump - have others tried running a valve off the existing hydraulic pump to actuate a plow? Doesn't seem like that'd be too hard. I'd only need single action as I'm fine with manual tilt. Then again, wiring up a winch in the front has other uses.