1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributor seals

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Juicemoves, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Juicemoves

Juicemoves New Member

so I got some oil coming out of my cap, I found the seal for the back of the dizzy but can't seem to find the seal for inside. I found a video of someone doing a accord with a TEC distributor and he used B3888E seal any chance they are the same?

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

We had the same /similar on a BMW E32 750, the shafts driving the distributor rotors let engine oil leaking into the distributor. I recommended him to use speedi-sleeves and a seal for the shaft and that worked, here are plenty of pics for the repair, I hope you can see them without registering and logging in
    http://www.7-forum.com/forum/showthread.html?t=107245&highlight=sleeve
    anyway, the speedi-sleeve system is explained here in a youtube, often used for shaft sealing without the need to disassemble the unit

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Seals are rarely vehicle manufacturer specific. Seals, come in two flavors:

First, is the gasket type, these are loose seals, and gaskets, that are made only of the sealing material. Typically in a distributor this would be one or to O-rings fitted into recesses in the bore in the body for the O-rings that the rotating shaft goes through. If you can get the old ones out, most parts houses Napa for sure, have them loose and can match your old ones with news ones. You can always find assortments on eBay relatively inexpensively.

The second type have integral metal frames around the actual seal, and are installed and removed by pressing them into or out of position. These have numbers on the metal which identify the seal. Larger parts houses, and there are dealers that specialize in supplying, bearings, belts, chains and seals to industrial buyers, that have them in stock. You can also search on line using the numbers ands the word seal.

4. Lee17

Lee17 Member

I noticed the same issue when changing my distributor cap and rotor. Though I didn’t get to change the rotor because it seems like the one that was sent was not the correct one. It’s just sitting in the box now..