1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirtiest Mini Truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Badgerland, May 12, 2009.

1. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

Ok guys...since Spring is finally anchored here and we have more access to mud and crud than ever, let's see your pics of your mini after hardcore off-road sessions.

Here's a couple after a twisted demo (and after a passing Spring shower washed some of it off)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was hoping that one of the guys with me caught the video of how this got into this condition...and they did, but he can't figure out his phone! :frustration: I was told that when I got sucked into a 2-3' mud rut and the opposite rear tire was 2' off the ground, it was quite the sight. On a side note, while I would NEVER recommend All-Trails as the preferred mud tire, this is testament that they can get you out of stuff you wouldn't dream of. :D

I'm sure someone can beat this...
    :pop:

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Gotta love dry :rolleyes: lake beds. Its a different kind of mud. Some of you have seen these before. The funny thing was the mud was being pushed through the wheel like a play dough factory. The last picture is the mud pit. We don't dare go near the center unless you want to get stuck. I got a bit brave as you can see my tracks closest to the middle. The winch was used here several times.:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

On a side note, Home Depot has pressure washers on sale. :D

:p

Keep em coming guys! There are those that doubt the off-road capabilities of these trucks and they continually never cease to amaze me.

5. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dan, how much dirt did you pack into the AC unit under the front of that Mitz? Does "acid gear" know how you are abusing his hitch adapter? You got some pretty mud up north.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  6. Dan

Dan Member

Yeah, these are pretty surprising off-road and yes the wheels come off the ground sometimes... they can go pretty deep in the ground too:D

wheel in the air

7. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

Steven - this is a non A/C truck so no concerns there. Heh...Joel would be happy to know that the front receiver hitch doubles as a great rock guard / mud grader. :p This is an example of one of the few Mitsu U42T's that came from the factory with the front tow hooks welded in place versus bolted so we modified it slightly and welded in place.

Joel will even MORE appreciate what we did to his rear receiver hitch on this truck... Muahahahaha... :D

***WARNING - DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME - WE'RE WHAT YOU CALL PROFESSIONAL IDIOTS*** :sly:

This "demo" started-off as a test to see if a potential client (tree removal service) could hook their tandem-axle dump trailer and pull it at low speed on their muddy property with a full load. I said what the heck...lets give it a shot. The owner estimated the trailer weight at 5000-6000 lbs (if not more) lbs fully loaded. I certainly expected the All-Trails to bow-out when they lowered the couple onto the ball-mount or the front end to lift off the ground...nope. The rear receiver hitch bumper is currently only bolted on and it did flex a bit, but it held. I tried moving forward in 4WD Hi... the Mitsu laughed at me. After shifting into 4-LO and ceasing my laughter, the truck moved out and we crossed their property with no problems then returned the trailer in reverse.

From there, everything went down hill as I followed these guys into the "special spots" on their 300+ acre spread. Actually, it was great fun and while I thought for certain we were stuck twice, the lil-Mitsu-that-could got us back.

***Note to self...remember to close windows before proceeding into the deepest mud you've ever encountered. The window deflectors do a wonderful job of re-directing airborne mud into the cab at a 45-degree angle.

I'm simply calling it a successful demo at this point.

8. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

Fresh mud

Here you go fresh mud not 10 mins. old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Shrimp Daddy

Shrimp Daddy Member

We are in transition from Late Winter to Summer. Started out rain and 39f this morning then had a downright blizzard and 33 degrees then back to rain after 1.5 inches of slush. Took the Mini out and found out it does not take much to dirty it up. I would like to look for some aluminum diamond tread trailer fenders and modify them for front and rear fender use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
  10. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dan I assumed it had AC from the front receiver which was set lower that the non AC receiver.

Certainly you never expected the Carlisle's at over 1145# rate per tire to cause you a problem. Great test of just what these little things can do. We've carried over 2500# in the HD dump my wife drives here on the farm. No tire problems...just squats really low when I load it like that.

11. acidgear

acidgear Member

I do now!!! Hey these things are just for looks!!!:eek: We didn't think anyone would actually use them for towing or mudding...!!!
    All kidding aside Dan and I talked after his "test" and I was very happy to hear of the results. We are committed to building product that you guys can take right out to the edge of the envelope and bring it back. So have fun and keep the ideas and requests coming. We have new stuff coming up for next week so stay tuned! Our new front bumper in a mud run will give the truck a perfect flat surface to slide your truck instead of burying your hitch.

Attached Files:

12. joejapan

joejapan New Member

13. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol nice video! i want to see the outcome!

14. joejapan

joejapan New Member

the full episode is about done. Another guy takes care of all the vids and things and hes pretty busy doing jobs that he gets paid for. By the way, the camo suzi is for sale.

15. greg0187

Here's a good one. :pop: Looks staged though.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Well, you can't actually see the mud on this one as its hiding.

When it came out it was dirty! Ha!

Attached Files:

17. wainair

wainair Member

Nice BBQ/pit smoker!! Looks like you could get a whole hog in that monster! I'm thinking some pulled pork or maybe a feed of smoked ribs. What do ya say Shrimp Daddy?:pop::)

Oh yeah! Nice Dirty truck too! LOL:D

18. greg0187

I was a little more curious about the brewery you can't see in the picture.

19. anthill

anthill Member

OK, it's not a truck, and it's not the dirtiest, but the mudding happened with a stuffed rabbit and a bicycle in the back. That has to count for something.

Took a back road to go find a local nature walk, and 15 minutes in the gravel turned into a muddy farm access track, full of foot-deep tractor ruts.

[​IMG]

One hell of a first off road drive. Picking lines through the mess was a blast, it went on for 4km and was over too soon. The Domingo did great :D, and my confidence grew. So then I looked around for stuff to push it a little further, and it managed well. So then I got stupid and learned that street tires + wet clay - diff lock = stuck van. :frustration:

Long story short, no harm done, I'm a little wiser, and I owe an Ontario farmer a beer/karmic debt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  20. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice. As in, nice and dirty! :D