1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DB52T F6A Engine Swap to K6A

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by funbard, Jan 18, 2016.

1. funbard

funbard New Member

Has anyone swapped out their F6A to a more powerful engine? I find it to be under powered especially when my tracks are on. I have been researching putting in a K6A Turbo or VW 1.6TD. For this thread please talk about the F6A to K6A swap.

I have been looking into the T660 Arctic Cat (K6A Turbo) and it looks like it would fit. Not sure how much modifications it would need to the transmission though. The intercooler lines, ECM, and little stuff isnt bad, just not sure if the engine would mate up with an adapter plate (or bolt up with no plate) and/or need some F6A flywheel mating for the K6A crank.

Has anyone got some experience with both F6A and K6A engines that could help me out. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. packrat

packrat Member

I was looking at putting a f10 engine into my f6 Carry. (I have both sitting in trucks out in the driveway), and the mounts welded on the "frame" would all have to be swapped, as well as the tranny supports. Not the easiest, but hey, it's doable. Another issue is that the corresponding transmissions have different diameter bell housings, so you would have to swap them as well. Unfortunately my f10 powered truck is only 2wd. Another thing you could look for is an old SJ 410 or LJ80 Suzuki jeep and swap in the drivetrain. Have fun in any case

3. Have you ever got anywhere with this. I believe you and I have the same truck. Mine is a 99efi carry and doing a t660 engine swap is totally doable with the Carry's with the k6a engine, I don't know if you've got that far with your research, there's a thread on here under Arctic cat t660 engine swap... I believe. A gentleman tells all he had to do to do the swap in detail and gave some pics. Buddy it's the most beautiful Carry I've ever seen.... And it's got 110 hp. Can u imagine! I live in Canada and the t660 snowmobile is a very easy and fairly affordable machine to get, their everywhere but my question is this, is our f6a transmission compatible with a k6a engine or would we have to do a k6a tranny swap also?

4. And I believe the flywheel is compatible with the k6a crank. Please let me know what you come up with. Thanks

5. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

It has been done!

6. It has been done but has it been done with a f6a. If so, can you please give a little info or lead me in the right direction (threads) KC you've always been great help, very knowledgeable and I appreciate all the help you've given me. Thank you my friend