1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dash Lights Replace 96 Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Captain Ron, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Captain Ron

Captain Ron New Member

Has anyone out there in Ciber-Carry land replaced the bulb that illuminates
    the heater control panel in a 1996 or so Carry?

How do I get to the bulb?

Thanks

Captain Ron

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Not sure about the Carry but for my hijet I had to remove the heater control panel to get to the bulb in back...

3. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Remove the dash trim. There are some screws above and below the cluster. You will have to pull the knobs off the heater controls. Then the trim should come off.

There is a sheild for the bulb going to the climate control displays. Well, there might be. I have run into trucks that were not equiped with the light or holder at all.

Did you have lights and now they stopped working? rOr did it never have light from the get-go? If so, it may not be equipped with the appropriate mounts.

The harness for the let is to the left of the steering column - 2 pin plug.

4. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I didn't see any lights behind my heater console when I had my dash off... must be an option :p

5. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

yeah, this truck I have now is the FIRST one I can recall ever having with the light.

There is a shroud that covers the backside of the climate control displays and a single bulb in the middle. It did pop off easy in my hand.

I am going to start a poll and see what kind of results we get.

6. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Captain Ron, have you confirmed if you have a light or not?

7. Captain Ron

Captain Ron New Member

Reply to Mini-rutes

Mini-Brutes: Been busy with 'Honey Dos' for the holidays.
    I will probably get back at it after New Years, when I can get
    back to playing with the truck and drinking beer !

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

8. Hawes

Hawes New Member

Just got a 1997 Suzuki Carry. I need to replace the park brake light for a safety. My dash trim is being stubborn. The vent air ways seem to be preventing the trim from coming completely off. I don't want to damage any of the plastic should the vent just slide out of the air way sleeve without restriction or is there a clip of sorts securing the air way to the vent? I didn't have a light with me but did not see nor feel a clip

9. Hawes

Hawes New Member

Yeah, I am answering my own post, it might help someone. So the vents do connect to the airways via plastic tabs however I still struggled to get the trim out of the way. However it turned out that I did not have to remove the trim. To access the park brake light one can reach in through the access panel on the right side of the cluster.

Also the light bulb looked to be in working order, this was tested and confirmed by swapping it with the adjacent battery light bulb. The problem was found to be the switch at the park brake handle, it just needed to be triggered several times and then the park brake light began to function. It was much easier to remove the center console covering the parking brake handle.

10. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

My 91 has no light on the heater controls either?
    How would anyone find out if there was a light before just tearing into it?

11. matt167

matt167 Active Member

I'm not sure if any of the older DB51 trucks had illumination

12. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

My 2002 carryvan has no light in the heater control. The instrument panel and the 4way warning switch close to the center of the dash are the only things that light up inside when the lights are turned on. If the heater controls are supposed to be illuminated, then mine has been burned out since I got it.

Fred