1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CV Joints

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by jpfanne, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jpfanne

jpfanne Member

I've been tasked with replacing some CV boots on my Honda Acty. I got the axles out OK, but am having problems separating the actual axle from the joint on the outer one. Do you have to replace both boots and slide the outside one on from the inside, or does it simply pull out like most other's I have seen. Normally, a good wack and it will pop the o-ring out and it slides right off. This one seems to be stubborn, not sure if there is a roll pin, or what is causing the issue. Any input or suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

If you undo the inboard boot and slide it back there is a steel clip that holds the inner joint together pry it out and slide the inner out of the axle end. There is a cir clip on the end of the inner axle take it off and pull the joint with the balls off. Then you can slide both boots off and slide the new boots back on and put the inboard together in reverse. Don't forget the boot clamps