1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

correct size filter help

Discussion in 'References' started by blackbelt5, May 26, 2008.

1. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

If someone could give me, some correct information on filters for a 98 Suzuki. i have done a search and it really confused me. would like to have one that fits right with right thread size. Thanks

2. lzpoor

lzpoor Member

from what i have seen there are basically 2 filter thread pitches on these units (DON'T QUOTE ME) 3/4"-16 or 20X1.5mm. if you can find the number on your filter you can usually go to wix.com or fram's website and cross reference
    -
    you may also want to use search filter on this web site most filters have already been identified

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  3. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

Thanks lzpoor for your reply I tried wix.com no match and read all the posts on here it did not seem that anyone really knew for sure and i don't want to guess Thanks again

4. DRW

DRW Member

Blackbelt5, maybe this will help you. WIX 51394 is for 3/4-16 thread adapter, WIX 51365 is for 20MMx1.5 thread adapter, these two filters have the same micron rating and outer diameter.I have a 91 Carry with F6A engine and it uses the 51394. The 3/4-16 filter will not screw onto a 20mmx1.5 adapter but a 20mmx1.5 filter will screw onto the 3/4-16 adapter and will tighten up, but is not correct and could leak or blow off.

5. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

Thanks DRW

Thanks DRW for your reply That will help Thanks again